July 18th/2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Brian777, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey my friends, another Monday starting, probably not a good day for those who have to work. I've been in a bit of a funk the last couple weeks and I'm just thinking that today it's been 1 year since I lost my 87yr old mother. This has been one of the hardest years I can remember. I'm thinking this may be what's caused the increase in my depression and anxiety. Its 0230am here in Canada, so later today I'll try and come up with some way to remember my Mom in some good way.
    Hope everyone is doing okay and I apologize for not being around as much as usual this last couple weeks.
    Take care my friends :)
    Brian

2. bobbob

bobbob Well-Known Member

Just aquick message, as have to go to hospital appointment. But just wanted to say a hi and hope today is not too painful. Ive no doubt that you were a great son to your mum and will have brightened up her 87 years. Maybe can remember her life with some kind fo treat for yourself today. Like cold/warm beer sitting outside with some favouritre music. Ive got a suspicion that you might be a Bruce Springstein fan. But sorry if Ive got it completely wrong!
    Cheers
    bobbob

3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Tough day to get through my friend, but you will. I am sure you will find a suitable way for yourself to remember your mum and thats all tha matters.

I got DBT a little later [oh lucky me] so will probably not be too clever later on as the Mindfullness messes with my head something rotten. Just trying to stay with it though and hopefully reap some benefit at some point. The actual DBT is ok, but Mindfullness is not for me.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hugs! I hope you get through the day okay and if not we are all here for you. I'm sorry for your loss but glad she lived to such a great age and you had her all that time and make sure you remember the good memories and celebrate her life not her death!! big hugs!

5. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Had a busy morning doing an exam and then going to the "tribunal". At least that's over.
    In other news, my new album is out. Here's a link to it.

6. lifetalkz

lifetalkz Well-Known Member

Brian777-I've missed seeing your posts for the last few weeks and wondered where you were-now I know. It saddens me that you're hurting but I believe that being honest about the way that you feel, not trying to deny it to yourself or distract yourself from it is always the best path to take. I've found that when I face my feelings of sadness head on and don't try to push them away, they go thru me and out and don't come back for a very long time. When I feel sad about the loss of someone who was dear to me, I always turn that energy into gratitude for being blessed with that persons presence when they were here. Kindred spirits are a gift from the Gods-always revealing to us the very best parts of ourselves. What a blessing to be that close to your mother. Thank you for sharing your thoughts at this difficult time-I look forward to seeing your very optimistic posts again very soon :)

7. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Morning Brian and friends I hope you can all feel my cyber hug. I did not see the link for the album? I'll have to go back and look.

Brian777, __d, iam and 1 other person like this.
  8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

First day back to work after little over a month of no work due to health reason.

And am totally in tears not wanting to continue with my day with the pain

Brian777 and calvinandhobbs like this.
  9. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I'm pretty sure the surgeon said I'm finally allowed to wear tee shirts right about now. (wasn't allowed to raise my arms that high before.) Maybe I miscalculated the date, but I'm still wearing it. It's exciting to be able to wear tee shirts after over a month without them. I have my psychiatrist appointment in a little over an hour. Pretty much everything is going fine with me besides some understandable anxiety about my move, so he's probably just gotta make sure I have enough of my meds to cover me in case I can't get refills right away in Pittsburgh. And he'll say goodbye, I guess...

10. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi all. I went to a working with emotions group today.

11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Today I went grocery shopping, then I went out to eat with my nephew. Turned in more apps and got more to fill out. Talking to a friend on the phone now and catching up with her.

12. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing your day . If it was a hard one, I'm sorry. Hugs.

Brian777 and MisterBGone like this.