Just been a bad few days..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by meaningless-vessel, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Central to this low period, is the fact its been a year since my uncle took his own life. At a point in time where I wasn't feeling ideally productive (and somehow still have capacity to put a front on at work). I still remember feeling like shit and hearing the news, just outside the parade of shops beside my house, my sister telling me as I got home from work Tuesday 7th Jan 2014 (somewhere between 3-4pm).

I remember it like it was yesterday, not a year ago. And I hate the fact its brought up some shit memories for me.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry hun the loss of your uncle it is so hard when anniversaries come around hugs to you
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm really sorry for the loss of your uncle. It's really tough when you get hit with a flood of memories you'd rather not have.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Gary, I am really sorry for your loss. I'm sure your uncle would not have liked you to feel depressed over his passing, it is understanding that it is hurtful. Any death is, hugs to you...I hope the mood picks up a bit later :hug:
  5. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

It's frustrating because of how his life ended... And how I was feeling similar.. That's what doesn't help most.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It must be extremely difficult. Were ye're issues similar? it might help to talk about what led to his ending, it might be therapeutic.
    I care about you Gary, keep talking to us here.
  7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Anniversaries are tough. Sorry about your loss, you're allowed to grieve at your own pace
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.