just depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
depressed, sad, lonely, alone, disappointed, discouraged, etc etc etc. Want to get off the meds so i can lose weight. Want to go back to never being touched so i won't know what i'm missing. Sigh. :sad:

Things will change for the better if you look where you might could go rather than where you are. Do you have any hobbies you like to do? Something physically active would be best, even if it's just going outside and watering some plants. Just being up on your feet and doing something can improve your mood a lot. If nothing else I recommend sitting on your front steps. Look around and actually see what is in front of you. How big is that tree? Are there any animals? compared to an ant, those cars are flying down the road... If you start doing positive things like this it's easier to put together some positve things back in our lives.

I'm not just saying this to make it sound like I care. I'm saying it because that is what worked for me. I used to sit inside my house all the time. I'd be so lonely. I'd sleep my life away if I didn't have to work. Then slowly I tried to come out of my little shell and sat on my porch. Then the sidewalk. Then washed my car. Even this was over a long span, not just a single day. So take your time, and know things WILL improve. Good luck! Stay safe!

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Whether you go off the meds or not, a daily walk (do you have a dog) can help greatly both with weight loss and helping depression - the execise, fresh air, and just getting out can reduce depression. It's worth a try, isn't it?

least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00