Just STOP and breathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

primrose

I know when you are feeling desperate, this will be laughable (ie, you wil think, wtf, useless!)
I accidentally came across this paragraph yesterday when my latest 'fix me' book fell open on a random page.

I don't know ..... I just liked it.
I forget to breathe an awfull lot!

" What to do when you are in a crisis?"

No matter how bad the situation you are in, no matter how much pain you may be suffering, start by taking a few deep breaths. If you are breathing,you know you are alive. And as long as you are alive, there's hope. Taking a few breaths in the midst of a crisis gives you valuable time to get present, to notice what's happening and how you are responding, to think about what effective action you can take.
Sometimes there is no immediate action you can take. In this case, being present and accepting what you are feeling is the most effective action.

(The Happiness Trap. pg 161)

:courage:

supermodel

Yes. As someone with severe lung disease, breathing takes on a whole new meaning for me. It does help to get yourself grounded when your energy is all scattered. A nice walk, listening to your favorite tunes over and over again can do wonders for the mind. Burning incense or candles, hot baths, meditation, even cleaning my house (I'm such a Virgo) has helped me get rid of nervous or dark energy.

I come here a lot and help others. It helps me to focus on what really matters in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00