Keeping me alive is a waste of time

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ldub20, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Period.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Not to us

3. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Thanks for caring Sadeyes. I wouldn't feel the need to do this if I didn't have my disease.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You hun are special ok please do not believe what that mind is telling you Just depression trying to trick you hun hugs

5. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Fact is, I can't connect with people as easily as others in my environment. I hate it that I can't connect as easily as with people as Kirk Hinrich and Nick Collison can. I bet I could if it weren't for my disease!

6. total eclipse

You connect here hun to us and we connect to you so easily hugs

7. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I wish you could come here to Hawaii, be my guest, and watch other people interact. Because even the most sociable of people at school treat me like nothing. I fucking hate that.

And whoever tells me that I should be content with feeling like an outcast and being a loner can go fuck themselves! Would you tell an anorexic to be content with being thin as hell and having inadequate eating habits and skills? Would you tell an anorexic that they can achieve happiness and success with inadequate eating habits?

8. total eclipse

I am sorry people treat you that way hun and i am glad you are here because you can see not all people are cruel

9. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Hmm. Very interesting.

You are comparing yourself to sports stars, and that's a faux pas. Comparing yourself to how others are is trying to say "I can live the same way," when the reality could be so much more different. How do paralympic athletes get to compete in their version of the olympic games? They persevere with trying and don't give up because something goes wrong. Perhaps you should attribute that to your life instead of blaming something that you have to live with daily for being the reason you can't make friends or live.

Blaming everything else but yourself shows a couple of things to me, that you won't like.
    1 - you shy away from responsibility, after all, you don't seem to want to change because you always throw out "I can't do this" or "Why can't I do that"
    2 - you are arrogant. So you don't like your condition, but what can you really do about it?

Sounds like I'm being heavily critical, yes, but i've lived with a few people with the condition who didn't have that much problem in being out and about and making their connections, so I've seen first hand what different situations can do to people who have it across a range of severity.

10. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Remember, Kirk Hinrich and Nick Collison could easily connect with people when they were in HIGH SCHOOL. That was before they were stars. They faced a lot of pressure as high school since their fathers were HS coaches. They admitted that connecting with people helped them become better players and what they are today.

11. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

TBH I would say its your lack of willingness to do something about it that is preventing you from connecting with other people not this disease you keep on going on about.

Its up to you if you want to be able to connect with others.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
  12. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

i agree dubby. but you have friends here that love you and miss you in chat.

13. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

John, why do you keep reenforcing these disease statements. Loneliness is *not* a disease. AIDS is a DISEASE. Dubby has no diseases!

14. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Maybe, but there is no reason I should be content to live lonely.

15. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

I would say you don't know the future, so don't let yourself believe you know what is instore for yourself.
    Maybe try to look and let other things in life get in. You really want to connect with people, and you seem to do alright here tbh. But when it comes to relationships, despite what people think, you can't force things. Actively going out looking for someone is a small portion of mingeling. It's how you enjoy life and how you can share that connection that helps you to form relationships.

Just a gentle bit of advice, if you keep saying a certain thing or thinking a certain way, you're concreting that way into yourself. Eventually you start anticipating or even moving towards it. .. Relax it. Just chill and enjoy moments. Especially ones where you can just enjoy something with other people. Don't focus on relationships, they'll happen naturally imo.

16. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

dubby has aspergers.

17. 1112222

Which isn't a disease either.

18. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Death is easier than living with Asperger's.

19. 1112222

Eh no because if there are others out there who can with cope with it what's stopping you from?

20. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Are these "others" content with being socially inept and feeling like outcasts who can't converse as easily with people as non-aspies can? Because I ain't! This disease makes a combination of anorexia and ADHD look like a cakewalk. I wouldn't feel the need to kill myself if I lived with both instead of Asperger's Syndrome. Nor would I hate my life!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.