• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Klonopin dosages?

Angie

Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
#1
So, after a mind bending 45 minute phone call with my pdoc I get ,5 Klonopin 1x day (only 15 pills).

This doesn't seem to help much. Now maybe its me or is this a low dose?

Anybody know or have experience with this med?

Thanks for help.
 

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
SF Supporter
#2
Clonazepam comes in different dose pills. The dose in the pill should be on the script or box. I take 1 2mg tablet and it works wonders.

It is much more potent than other benzos.
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
#3
The thing about klonopin is it can be very addictive, and withdrawing from benzos is no joke. My doc started me on a lower dose and gradually increased it over a few months to find the minimum dosage that would get the job done. Stick it out ‘til your next appt and let them know if it’s not working, and they’ll probably up the dosage.
 

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
#5
thats why its not meant to be taken daily. if im not taking it daily, I'm good. I'm on both benzo (day) and klonopin (night) like 4x/week. usually i monitor how the meds is taking effect on me myself, i dont have to always follow doc instructions. like if im okay, i dont have to take it too and depends on why you have to take it. it takes a while to understand how meds is effective on you imo. not just these psychiatric meds, others as well. if you want a long term relief, meds isnt the answer to all too. cant be dependant on it even if i have sleep issues.
 

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
#7
I was started at 0.5 mg up to 4x daily when I was having really bad anxiety. I never went up because I didn’t like how it made me feel although it did work against the anxiety/panic. 0.5mg only once a day is probably just where they are starting you to see if you tolerate it. Either that or they are trying to prevent abuse, 15 pills at a time feels like they are trying to make sure that you don’t have the chance to develop a pattern of drug use. Just my 0.02
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top