latest message from my voices (kind of scary!)

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by emily83, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

they said to me.. loud in my ear,

hey.... are you ever going to find a purpose in your life?

have you even found it?

it was very scary- and i responded out loud... no, not yet

2. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I have no experience with voices but I imagine a firm and solid approach is best. Let them know who the boss is! "Not yet" is key because you are still looking.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: voices can be very scary.. you will get through this xxx
  4. emily83

i've enough stuff going on with me without the voices- yeah they can be scary.. especially at night when they seem to always be worse

5. Petal

May I ask why do you hear voices.. psychosis,schizophrenia? For me, medications caused them, zopiclone mostly, I was hearing voices every few nights then I got taken off zopiclone and they stopped so that was great :) Best advice I can give you is try and distract yourself from the voices or ignore them, its easier said than done but thats what I did =) xxx
  6. emily83

well i've got this forum if i need it- i forgot about it for a while, but i'm back now

and the voices?

just part of my multiple diagnoses..
  7. Petal

Ah,I see. Well good luck with your treatment and possible have us to lean on. :hug:
  8. emily83

thanks, if things carry on the way they are the moment.. i'll be dead by halloween (seriously!)

9. Petal

:hug: Let's hope they don't. Think positive! =)
  10. emily83

it's so hard too when you've got nothing going for you

these internet forums are keeping me alive.... just
  11. emily83

i'm sorry... i shouldn't be ranting about my life in this thread- i'm sorry
  12. Petal

You have nothing to apologize for, rant/talk/went all you want =) We're here for you :)
  13. emily83

thanks. :)

as i say... gonna try start using the forums more- especially now i seem to be running out of strength
  14. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

The only voices I've ever heard are the time I heard someone say my name out loud, and once when I was laying in bed and someone whispered my name in my ear. It was scary and I didn't have the guts to respond...maybe I'll try that if it happens again and maybe figure out what the voices want.
  15. emily83

i've had that.

but only once when someone i really liked never came round to see us anymore....

now the voices are just normal hear in your head type voices...
  16. Kirovski22

Kirovski22 Active Member

I know how you feel. I hear voices but it's usually episodic. I have four people in my head and in those episodes its like being around people that wont stop arguing!
  17. arrowpenny

arrowpenny Member

What other forums do you go to emily? I run out of things to read on here and need more. I get by each hour just reading.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.