Laughing and Bipolar Disorder (especially manic)?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by anarulesmenow, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Might sound like a weird thread, and it's not a particularly serious one but I have a few queries as I have only just realised recently that I am bipolar.
    When I am manic I literally can't stop laughing. I'll be in college from 9-half 4 and I will spend most of that time laughing at silly things. I'm good at making people laugh and making jokes, but only when I'm manic.
    I get to the point where I'm hysterical and I can't stop, I've been sent out of class before for laughing too much. I'm manic at the mo and have just been sat here laughing for about ten minutes about nothing, until my mother came in and asked why I was laughing.
    My answer? I have no idea! It's just the mania! Often, I am usually laughing at something but I find it a lot funnier than it is, but tonight I was just laughing at nothing, because I felt so high.
    Any bipolar people have any laughing issues or feel the same way?
    Don't get me wrong, I love laughing, but I'm just wondering.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Are you meds to help this it is not unusual to have laughing episodes for not reason but with meds that can be controlled hugs

3. anarulesmenow

I dont want to take meds I know that may sound silly but I want to combat this by myself.

4. total eclipse

therapy can help you combat it yourself but it will be harder hugs:hugtackles:

5. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I have not been on medication to treat bipolar disorder for 11 months, and I am just now dealing with consequences. I am starting medication again tomorrow. I commend you for trying to deal with the issue without medication, but I would also commend you for dutifully staying on medication. I do not think there is one right solution that encapsulates everybody's needs. :sigh: I suggest keeping a mood chart and seeing if your mood stabilizes at all with non-medical structure in your life, including eating and sleeping a healthy amount and getting exercise. If you stop taking excellent care of yourself or you stop keeping the chart, I think it might be smart to get back on medication.

6. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

You have only just realised you are bi-polar? Have you been diagnosed with this?

7. total eclipse

Exactly i hope you have seen a professional gotten diagnose properly. Meds do help but you need to be seen by a doc okay so right meds can be given to you and get you stable

8. anarulesmenow

Yes I have been to a doctor, that's what I meant.

9. total eclipse

So you have been diagnosed that good what does your doc say about not going on meds

10. anarulesmenow

Well its up to me. But the whole meds thing wasnt the point of this thread.

11. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Nope i wasnt referring to the meds i mean have you been properly diagnosed with being bi-polar?

12. total eclipse

Your right i am sorry for getting off track.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.