lesbian prejudice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hun im sorry that you've been made to feel like this. The best thing to do would be to ignore them, hard i know but thats the only way, they want you to react to what your saying and the best thing to get back at them is not to rise to it and prove what their saying wrong.

Society can be very cruel, the world can be cruel. We are who we are, we can't change that so we need to accept ourselfs and other need to accept us as well. All you can do to prove people that their wrong about you is to show them that you are a sucess and that you will prove them wrong.

Mya

yeah i get that a lot...im Bi but people have stoped talking to me because of it...now almost all of my friends are eather bi or gay...:cool: :biggrin:

Good thing I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, because being bisexual would probably earn me a place in the Eternal Fires as well :cool:

Don't believe people who say that; if there really is any kind of God (which I doubt, but hey, that's personal of course), well, I've always been told that God is kind and forgiving, wouldn't he forgive you for being a lesbian as well then? After all, it's not a sin, it's not something you become on purpose, you just are and there's nothing you can do about it.

And never believe people if they call you whatever-cruel-thing for a stupid reason such as sexual preference. There's nothing bad or shameful or otherwise negative about being a lesbian; most women are beautiful creatures, so it's not surprising you're attracted to them.
People should just stop bringing others down for whatever stupid reason they make up. (Unfortunately, though, saying that here won't really help much to stop the worldwide bullying, but well.)

Just be proud of who you are and let them talk about stupid things; if they're too small-minded to see that there's nothing wrong with gay-/bisexuality and have to bring people down for various reasons in order to keep their own ego up, they're just pathetic and pitiful.
Be proud that you haven't lowered yourself to that level and never change yourself in anyway just for them.

altek001

..i was never really loud about my orientation when i was still in school...and i kind of wish i had been, though some footballers or cowboys might have made one of those days my last...

oh well...live and learn.

what i'd tell you to do is just become more loud and out...to not let their insults stick to you...you're higher than that and you can't change who you are (..i've tried!)

*a hug for you* you sound like you need one..

fight!
- Henry

jane doe

you aren´t stupid for being lesbian, you must have courage to face and tell them I DON¨T CARE. what the f@ck? if their problem, just don´t give them the chance of botter you. "be yourself...is all that you can do"

Style

I know the situation sucks, but take pride in the fact that you aren't as ignorant as them as you don't judge people based on their sexual preference. Maybe some day in the future, they'll come around.

Fatman1966

Antiquitie's Friend
If it's any comfort to you, from experience it's the one that make the loudest noises that are most likely to be the most confused about their own sexuality.

The anger and fear they direct at you, is somethimes the anger and fear they have with themselves for feeling the way they do about their own insecurities.

It doesn't help much I know.

But it keeps things in perspective.

Deal with it now that's what I say and screw anyone that tries to put you down, be who you were born to be, don't end up like me, almost 40 and still grappling with the fact that I'm gay, it's such a waste of effort, of energy, of emotion, of time......... of life.

Last edited by a moderator:

BelovedDreamer

This is the way I try to look at it...if God is all he's cracked up to be, then he won't give a crap who you sleep with, and if he's worth even a bit of a crap, the person being an ass in the situation you're describing is the one who is gonna end up in hell wondering why you are nowhere to be found but there's a fat guy in a red suit poking him or her in the ass with a freakin trident.
And women are beautiful, clearly you are not stupid as you have noticed this--They're just jealous:wink:

Oh, and p.s., you may not be able to be mobile now, but it can be comforting to know that, when you are older, there are places where asshats like that are the minority and lesbians are more than just an accepted thing, they're a very vocal and visible part of the population. There are also colleges with very prominent lesbian populations. It'll never be all right, but some day it might just be okay.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me. Honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I forget the original author of the following quote, but it's so clear thinking about prejedice, of all kinds, that I will post it here... and oh, my opinion, is that the people giving you a hard time are the ones who will be confused by what they will hear when they finally meet their Maker - cause they won't hear that they are the good people but rather the source of pain and trouble... to no small degree because they couldn't mind their own business!:dry:

"Predjudice, not being installed by reason, cannot be removed by argument." You can't talk to these people, it's a waste of your oxygen. Could also be said by "just ignore these assholes"...:mad:

least

I forget the original author of the following quote, but it's so clear thinking about prejedice, of all kinds, that I will post it here... and oh, my opinion, is that the people giving you a hard time are the ones who will be confused by what they will hear when they finally meet their Maker - cause they won't hear that they are the good people but rather the source of pain and trouble... to no small degree because they couldn't mind their own business!:dry:

"Predjudice, not being installed by reason, cannot be removed by argument." You can't talk to these people, it's a waste of your oxygen. Could also be said by "just ignore these assholes"...:mad:

least
You go, Sooz!!!!! I agree with you for sure. :agreed:!!!!

Jimmy_Boeboe!

I am being told at school how stupid I am and that I am going to go to hell for being a lesbian! this sux!
That is bullshit. I am bisexual. There is nothing wrong with being lesbian/bi/gay. We are just humans as well. People who say that are just dumb and plain stupid. I am not sure if there's a heaven or hell. But I am sure that it is not based on your sexuality whether you'll go to hell or not.
Don't listen to those people, you are smarter. Be yourself, always be your beautiful self and be proud of who you are and what you are.

LSD

dan- the only stupid people are the one who mane prjudice about being gay or lesb or bi-- wtf- no matter how many times i think about it. i just cant think why people dont accept it-- this is totally normal!!!

thanks everyone! People are slowly but surely getting over the fact that I am lez. I came out last year, but I became a freshman this year, and now the entire high school knows too. So, they kinda had to get used to it. There are still some people that are yelling at me about it, but I try to ignore them. I told my disciplinary dude at my school, but he is prejudiced too, and didn't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00