• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

lexapro.

slim_to_none

Well-Known Member
#1
ive done the medication rounds. believe me.

this is the newest one. i started it today.
and for the first time ever, im starting a med without knowning much about it.

anyone else been on it, thoughts, did it work, help, etc?

im still going to go look it up, but i figured i'd ask here too.

thanks.
xx.
 
T
#5
i just looked up what im on (citalopram) and found this:

Lundbeck has recently released an updated formulation called escitalopram oxalate (also known as Cipralex™ or Lexapro™), which is simply the S-enantiomer of the racemic citalopram (see below), and acquired a new patent for it. Escitalopram is sometimes used for patients who have benefited from citalopram but are no longer benefiting from it.

sounds like just a higher medication :unsure: i dont know really.
 
#6
I think the peak of my month-long experience with Lexapro was realized during the high of the placebo effects on the first day.
 
#7
I didn't find it helpful at all. Right after taking it I'd get all fidgety and sort of detatched from what was going on around me, then I'd just be really tired, but not able to sleep. I think I done about two months on it before I was changed.
 
I

Innocent

#8
I took Lexapro and it made me sooo drowsy I had to stop taking it, I was just tired tired tired all the time and lethargic, and when I went to sleep it was very hard to wake up..
 
#9
I was on lexapro last year with paracethemols for depressive disorder headaches and I stop taking it after a few weeks, I feel so groggy all the time and its like I can just collaspe half way at work in the middle of the road. So I guess I have to stop.
 
#12
I'm on it along with another anti-depressant. It works very mildly for me but when you are depressed enough you'll take what you can get. But I was also diagnosed with Severe Major Depressive Disorder. :dry:



But it works really well for some people I know, so give it a shot. :) Good luck whoever tries it. :hug:
 

Beret

Staff Alumni
#13
Lexapro has worked wonders to me, didnt notice that it had made me sleepy or drousy since i was manic then. Hope you will find it helpful :)
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top