Liver Cancer

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Daphna, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Well my grandpa died last night. He has slowly been dying for the last couple of months from liver cancer. Death is such a terrible suffering in this world. I shared what I could with him about the hope that I hold onto and he had made his choice. I have peace in knowing that he knew his options before making up his mind.
    I had only had the pleasure of knowing him for three yrs. It was nice knowing him, but in all truth I never really got to know him. When I first met him I was still suffering from bipolar, and I had an episode. What a first impression huh? But we worked it out, and I no longer have bipolar after that year so he was able to meet the real me. Praise Yahweh for that. Then earlier this year I found out that he has liver cancer. Seeing he was an alcoholic it shouldn't be a surprise. Then towards the end everyone including him just waited for him to die. He was ready he got his wish. It is so sad to see that the only hope he had was in the grave. I have been there, but there is real hope. But he made his choice and I love him anyways. I am glad I came on here. I guess I needed to get this off my chest. RIP grandpa no matter how brief it may be.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs to you hun cancer such awful illness hun I am glad you got to know your grandfather and he you hun Sorry for you loss
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

The pain is gone and he is at peace, we can ask no more :hug:
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so sorry for your loss..please keep posting so we can support you
  5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your kind words. Yes my grandpa was a kind soul. I am grateful for what little time I had with him. Praise Yahweh for that.
  6. akalee_786

akalee_786 Banned Member

I'm so sorry to hear that losing someone you don't know well hurts my grandma died and tbh I had no relation with her at the time I wish now I had got to know her but it's never too late I hope your ok thank you for the post xx
  7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandpa Daphna - I am glad you have the solace that you did everything that you could for him, and he understood his choices and options :)