Loss of Ambition

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Tane, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tane

Tane Active Member

As of late I have no drive to do anything. I sleep 10+ hours a day, and the only thing that gets me out of bed is school. I'm getting to be overweight because I avoid any and all physical activity. I've never been to a psychiatrist and have never told anyone about my suicidal feelings or self-harm issues. I believe all this accumulates to me losing my ambition. I'd love to get it back, I sincerly miss it.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You can go to your regular doctor to get something for depression if you dont want to go to psych doctor i think you should reach out and get some help because it is worth it to get your life back take care.

3. Tane

Tane Active Member

That could be..... problematic. I'm only 14, so I can't take normal anti-depressants. And I'm definitely not yet ready to tell my parents.

4. soniyajack

soniyajack Member

I guess it is pretty normal to feel this way from time to time. I think there is always this pressure to try to find the "perfect" life - career, friends, family and a balance to it all. I often think of how little time we have in life, and I put pressure on myself to make the best of it, and question everything if it's not going perfectly. Yeah, I'm a perfectionist. It also seems that we spend so much of our lives at work, so it needs to be something fulfilling and rewarding - otherwise it's such a waste. I don't know, I probably think too much.

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

well done for talking about your problems here...you have made a start and looking for help is a positive thing to do..
    at 14 you still should be able to get something for your depression so I would second Violets suggestion to go talk to your doctor and tell him how bad you're feeling...
    are you able to talk to your parents about it???
    do you want to talk a bit more about the self harm / suicidal feelings?

6. Tane

Tane Active Member

Well, I've had the suicidal feelings for about two years. Though, lately the have been extremely disturbing. The self-harm started about 2 months ago, just scratches and punches (I started a thread about it in the "Self-Harm" forum). Both of these come when I'm embarresed and/or stressed. I tend to avoid social situations, and don't maintain close friendships. I feel like I'm wasting my life.

I know none of this is too serious but I feel like I should address it before it gets any worse.

7. Tane

Tane Active Member

Well, I've had the suicidal feelings for about two years. Though, lately they have been extremely disturbing. The self-harm started about 2 months ago, just scratches and punches (I started a thread about it in the "Self-Harm" forum). Both of these come when I'm embarresed and/or stressed. I tend to avoid social situations, and don't maintain close friendships. I feel like I'm wasting my life.

I know none of this is too serious but I feel like I should address it before it gets any worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.