loss of my mother

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Matka, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matka

Matka Member

on boxing day, my mother was forced out of her house by 2 of my siblings who have power of attorney. They have not allowed me to see her since then. We fight alot, my sibs, and I have been her caregiver for 4 years. she wanted to stay at home until she dies, so I told her I would stay and try and make sure that happens. Power of attorney is a dangerous instrument - it gets abused. Now they are selling off her house and throwing me into the streets. My mother has dementia so she doesn't know what their doing, and they lie to her so much. I miss her so much. In a split second they took my mother, our home and ruined our lives, particularly mine, didn't see it coming. I delayed looking for a job after my father died last september - he wanted me to help my mom while she recovered from her stroke. They both were in the hospital at the same time, except she came out alive.

My siblings are cruel and they abuse power of attorney and no one can really help. Lawyers are expensive so now I'm stuck. I feel her loss like she is already dead and yet she is only a half hour drive from home. She stays with my sister, the one who took her and who eventually wants my mother in a nursing home. She is truly cruel and evil. She lives well with her husband who makes lots of money and she's cold blooded.

I didn't think I could feel so much pain. Losing my mother and home at the same time, with few options, there are times I don't want to wake up in the morning, my heart and soul is so angry at them and lonely for my mother. We always had a rough relationship growing up and living with her these last few years, I got to know her as a person and an older and wiser mom. We finished our unfinished business and finally started to have some fun together. We both like to sing and enjoy watching old musicals particularly Mario Lanza and Deanna Durbin, our favourites. I can barely watch the movies because it makes me think of her. Sometimes I just want to end it and visit her in spirit and take her with me to join my father. sounds nuts, I know, but things were good when it was just me and my parents. My siblings come over to our home and cause trouble just like when we were kids. I cry alot, too tired to look for a job or anything. not sure what to do.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Your experience is heartbreaking. Please keep us posted about how you are doing. Perhaps as time goes on, others here can give suggestions that may help. I've said a prayer for you and your family. :hug:

3. Matka

Matka Member

thank you for your reply. I negotiated a small gift to assist me, done via lawyers, so that will help as long as they keep their end of the deal. the most important is my mother, I have a hard time watching the movies we shared, we always clapped and sang together, the movies aren't as entertaining anymore, :crushed:

4. Matka

Matka Member

It's now march and I still haven't seen my mother yet. I miss her so much, I cry and wish I was dead. My siblings are so cruel to keep her away from me.
    they have sold my mother's house and now I am being tossed into the street in the dead of winter. I am scared of ending up homeless and hopeless. I would rather be dead then in the streets. I can't find an apartment because no one rents to unemployed people. I was taking care of my mother, so I delayed looking for a job. She was recovering from a stroke so there was no way I was going to leave her alone with the health care aids. She has dementia so that would be too confusing and scary for her. She was so restless at night, looking for my father and not remembering that he died. I thought I was doing something good, and my siblings put no value on that. I feel like ending my life sometimes, there's no one listening anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.