Lost a friend this weekend

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by liferules74, Feb 21, 2012.

1. liferules74

liferules74 Member

So I learned that a very close friend from a group I run every week committed suicide over the weekend. I just saw her on Friday in group which makes it all the much worse. She was very typical in that she hid it well there were no threats of suicide. Mental illness sucks because it is a fatal disease. I've survived many suicide attempts and have committed to working hard at never trying again. It's just a slap in the face from a really good friend who has now hurt a lot of people. She's put my commitment to my group I volunteer for in question. I may just stop running the group and have someone take it over.

I've had four people in my life do this. My way of dealing with it is to surround myself with decorations that look like skulls. I am getting a Tattoo of now two of my friends that have done this. My plan was always to get a skull with this one guys name under it now I will be putting both of their names on it.

We can't win a fight against suicide when the person who is going through it gives up.

Quit giving up people!

Live one more day because the pain your friends suffer is cruel. Don't live for yourself live for them.

Thanks for listening

2. RonPSH

RonPSH Banned Member

I'm energized by your will to live! Please see the PM I sent you? Thanks, Ron

3. carriedair

carriedair New Member

Very sorry for your friend. But very well said dude "Live one more day because the pain your friends suffer is cruel. Don't live for yourself live for them." I can feel your pain i have lost my best friend last year. He was also suffering from mental sickness and economical family prom which let him to do suicide. But they they should think once, about all there beloved one's. That what will happen to them afterwords...