Lost my sketchbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsieur

I lost my goddamn sketchbook. One of which I felt to be a personal artifact. I've searched everywhere and cannot find a trace of it. All those countless days of toiling and drawing, all those sleepless nights spellbound under the swift strokes and slashes of my pencil, the beckoning of imagination and creation. GONE. CANNOT FIND. Christ, seriously?! Should have known that putting all my eggs in one basket would have led to this. I'm so frustrated.

The feeling of losing something, being unable to find it, that feeling of longing for something that has now been gone, I hate it. It's not as bad as feeling depressed or envious but it's still up there! I know to some of you this may seem kind of silly, why not just get another sketchbook? I already did actually, had a blank one of better quality ready when I finished my old one. But still, it feels like a large chunk of my past endeavors has just been ripped away from me. Now what? I've got nothing to show for all my progress. And I'm the type that works REALLY slowly, so it's not like my abilities can surface with lightning fast doodles.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I know, I know. I should move on. As they say, an artist spends 10% of his/her time looking back, 90% time looking forward. I know I should just take my new sketchbook and fill it with my blood and tears again. And I'm doing that, but in the end I still miss all those past drawings terribly...

So pardon my french.

FUCK! ARHGGHGHG FUCKING GODDAMN! OUT OF ALL THE THINGS I COULD HAVE LOST!!!!!!!!!! CMON REALLY?!?!?! OH MY GOD! And now...it has become my personal holy grail I guess.

Cheers, pokeball. :pokeball:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
AAARGH!!! I lost my whole portfolio a few years back and its gutting!
All that work and no way to get it back....I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!
Hope it turns up.

Monsieur

Thanks Terry, sorry to hear about your portfolio. Yikes! I think by now my stuff is gone in the infinite void of whatever but that's alright. I've still got myself (I guess) so I think I can start rebuilding. Whew, tis the drama of life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00