Lost your parenthood due to your depression ?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lostjaybee, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostjaybee

lostjaybee New Member

Has anyone else out there lost their child due to their own depression and not feeling good enough to be a parent anymore. Lost my child 8 years ago - still don't know how to go on.

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I lost my children almost 4 years ago, due to my schizoaffective disorder. Think bipolar with schizophrenia. I still think about them every so often. It does get easier. Just give it more time.

3. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I was always under the impression that they can only take your kids away if you're in danger of putting them in harm's way--an imminent threat to their safety. But I guess I don't know everything and I could have been given false information. I just think that that is terribly heartbreaking to have that happen to you....I'm very sorry to hear of this news..

4. lostjaybee

lostjaybee New Member

Thanks for replying - I think I'm a schizo personality too, only recently found out about it. Are you interested in the world or do you live in an inner world of your own? Sorry haven't got much time as I'm at the library with session finishing soon. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.