• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Lost

SamB

SF Supporter
#1
I have been pushed out of my job today.
I could probably fight and stay or at the very least take them to court and win. But honestly that won’t give me anything really.
I am fairly experienced and actually very very good at my job so I probably won’t find it that hard to find another. But it’s scant comfort.
What hurts is that I gave a huge part of myself to them, working really really long hours, contributing ideas and almost single handedly developing things that are core to the business. Despite that they are prepared to just discard me now they have bled me dry and got everything out of me they need to be a success going forward.
But the actual concern is that everyone and I do mean everyone of my friends are work colleagues. We are geographically separate so whilst we will keep in touch a bit outside of work I will to all intents and purposes loose them. I don’t have anything at all outside of work and for reasons that aren’t relevant it’s not practical for me to get a social circle away from work.
So it leaves me in a pretty sad place really. I haven’t been that active on here for a while, partly because I didn’t need it and partly because I felt like I couldn’t stop from trying to cure people and that’s not what most people need.
I don’t really need any advice but maybe just a virtual hug or 2 would be nice to tide me over and make me not feel so isolated.
 

SamB

SF Supporter
#8
It’s been a while so I thought I should update. As expected I was dismissed from my job based on a bunch of lies.
Despite what I initially thought I decided that I wasn’t prepared to have my reputation sullied and allow them to get away with their lies and manipulation, so I am currently pursuing legal action against them.
I found another job fairly quickly, though it is not as good as my previous one, it is sufficient.
A few of my colleagues keep in touch with me, which is nice but not quite the same and I am considerably more isolated as a result of all of this.
The company have continued to act disgracefully and are punishing my former team for their association with me.
I recently watched Mr Bates vs The Post Office and I cried for nearly the entirety of it. I know my situation is not nearly as bad but there were a lot of parallels and it made me realise how damaging it is to one’s mental state to not receive justice.
 

MisterBGone

~\_✅`,')
SF Supporter
#9
It’s been a while so I thought I should update. As expected I was dismissed from my job based on a bunch of lies.
Despite what I initially thought I decided that I wasn’t prepared to have my reputation sullied and allow them to get away with their lies and manipulation, so I am currently pursuing legal action against them.
I found another job fairly quickly, though it is not as good as my previous one, it is sufficient.
A few of my colleagues keep in touch with me, which is nice but not quite the same and I am considerably more isolated as a result of all of this.
The company have continued to act disgracefully and are punishing my former team for their association with me.
I recently watched Mr Bates vs The Post Office and I cried for nearly the entirety of it. I know my situation is not nearly as bad but there were a lot of parallels and it made me realise how damaging it is to one’s mental state to not receive justice.
I'm very, very sorry for you and your situation, and how this has all had to happen to you in the first place. I believe you, of course, by the way. And I think it speaks volumes to you, and your character and the relationships with which you were able to nurture & to form while there, because I know the more standard M. O. especially when an employee leaves on bad terms, or gets let go, is that they treat them like they are of a poisonous nature. I hope you get the outcome you deserve, and that of course being, a positive one, or victory. And again, just sorry you had to suffer through such an unfortunate & unfair experience. Hopefully you can learn to like & live with your new job for awhile; or until you're in a position to make a better/bigger move as or when, you leap forward. Good work/or job, so far! And I wish you nothing but success, moving ahead. . .
 

MisterBGone

~\_✅`,')
SF Supporter
#10
As much as it hurts right now, and as painful as I can only imagine it may feel as a result from all of this that has transpired, hopefully, what will happen is... as you begin to have the "emotion," of the moment, or moments - 'subside,' that that will then be replaced by a more rational and logical point of view, or perspective. This may help aid you in your recovery, or at least, I know it would me. But I also know, it wouldn't happen over-night, or instantaneously, especially with litigation pending. Best wishes to you @SamB !
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top