Lots of suicidal threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeAndYou

More threads than usual of people saying they are going to commit.

So yesterday was a full moon. In fact it is said to be the biggest and brightest (closest) for the year 2009. Anyway I have heard that full moons affect tides, animal tendencies and human behavior and i believe it (if its not already scientifically documented/proven). So i have been noticing a BUNCH of threads...more than normal...of people saying they want to commit. So I think people should wait a week first because the full moon may be messing with your emotions and for those of us already so close to the edge it might be making you feel overwhelmed.....

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Hey Me And You,
I tend to agree with you! I know it has affected my moods. It has also affected my dog, he keeps looking all around like there is something there so I go and look and there is nothing. We put another dog to sleep here at the house and I could swear my dog could see her spirit leaving the house. He was acting all weird. Well enough of the spooky shit. I know others here on the forum will think we have lost it!!lol!!!
How are you doing? I am just asking because you are on the SF? Everything all right in your world? I am doing better now that I am getting over letting myself down and others here on the forum.
Well I will keep it short, just saw your thread and figured out there are others out there that beleive in some of the things I do. Take Care!~Joseph~

This is a theory that has been presented before. The moon does seem to have odd effects on many things. Who knows if there is a true correlation :dunno:

MeAndYou

Hey Me And You,
I tend to agree with you! I know it has affected my moods. It has also affected my dog, he keeps looking all around like there is something there so I go and look and there is nothing. We put another dog to sleep here at the house and I could swear my dog could see her spirit leaving the house. He was acting all weird. Well enough of the spooky shit. I know others here on the forum will think we have lost it!!lol!!!
How are you doing? I am just asking because you are on the SF? Everything all right in your world? I am doing better now that I am getting over letting myself down and others here on the forum.
Well I will keep it short, just saw your thread and figured out there are others out there that beleive in some of the things I do. Take Care!~Joseph~
I'm doing alright. I might loose my job but im surprisingly(in my opinion) not very worked up about it. I have bills to pay and dont have a backup plan as far as an income goes if i do loose my job and yet...i still sort of just shrug it off.:blink:

I am glad you are doing better too! :) SF can be a great place for advice/inspiration or just a way to let everything out.

D

Dave_N

I have also noticed a large number of suicidal threads on SF over these past couple of days. I wonder if the full moon being so close is influencing people in negative ways? I pray that people don't follow through with their suicide plans. :unsure:

aoeu

They've done a great deal of studies and found that the moon has no effect on admittances to psych wards.

However. The holidays just ended and the pain's coming back.

annie-crafts

i think that moon thing is valid. it gives me hope that maybe in a few days things will change. i'm trying to hold on, even thou i don't really want to

Emerald Hyperion

Unknown Mystery Person
I also believe the moon has had an effect. Despite the fact for the past week or two I wasn't too heavily depressed, it seemed like all of a sudden I had a rush of suicidal feelings. I thought it was very unusual for it to happen out of nowhere like that.

Lennie

Doesn't everybody have a downturn in January after the holidays? And it's worse for people who were already feeling the pain before now, hence more people with low enough moods to consider suicide as more of an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00