Lymies? Lyme & Co-infections

Discussion in 'Life Changing or Long Term Physical Illness' started by draws, Feb 15, 2018.

1. draws

draws Well-Known Member

Just checking to see if any other of the folks here have gotten this lovely diagnosis. Lyme disease blows, whatever it is. No one -- not the conventional doctors or the woo-woo mystics -- can agree on it. Looks like there are some snake oil salespersons trying to cash in though, which blows my mind. In areas effected by it, like New England where I live, any health person who is willing to work with Lyme patients will tell you it's a raging epidemic.

I've researched and studied and tried to figure it out... I've talked to health people and friends and other Lymies... everyone experiences it SO differently. I'm really fortunate to not have it as bad as a lot of people, but it's still worse than I can live with -- which isn't a threat... it means I'm either going to change it, or eventually change me.

Anyway, I've got some Lyme support support outside sf, but thought I'd connect here too.
  2. Dawn

Dawn Forum Pro

Hi draws. I don't have this, but I have read about it some. I really hope the medical community starts helping all of u more.

. Sorry that u are going through this and that u didn't get a reply sooner.
  3. JmpMster

JmpMster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Ye s- I have had/dealt with Lyme disease and syndrome from untreated Lyme disease. The regular doctors complete inability to either test for properly or treat properly is very frustrating. Their are some good sites however thta have a lot of information and you can use that to educate your doctor- which sadly you will have to do in many cases.
  4. Ash600

Ash600 SF Creative SF Supporter

There was a time around 10 years ago or so, Lymes disease was a barely recognised condition by GPs. Fortunately those views seem to be changing somewhat but it seems there is still quite a way to go for full recognition.

Ideally successful treatment of Lymes disease should be initiated with antibiotics during the early stages so as to increase the chances of a rapid and complete recovery.

Here's some links for more useful information regarding this