• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Making A List of Your Life's Greatest Accomplishments

#1
One thing I did recently that made me feel better and that my life made a difference was making a list of my life's greatest accomplishments. This may apply more to older people who have had more time to make those accomplishments and look back, but you can still do it at any time of life.
I made my list in order of what I think is the most important ones and carefully went over in my memories and examples of each one. If you're having trouble coming up with one I can give it to you by default; Doing the best you could with suicide/depression, and for that all of you deserve Olympic gold medals for combating one of the hardest things in life to deal with.
Looking at my list, I said if I died today (No, I'm not planning on that) that it was a life well lived and I have no regrets because I know I did the best I could with what I had at the time to deal with each problem that was given to me, and that makes me feel better knowing it couldn't have been another way. I'd like to share my top three that personally apply to me.

1. Getting and staying away from religion.
2. Not having children, at least the parts I could control. It wasn't all my choice, but I stood firm when I could.
3. Sacrificing myself and self-preservation for the truth. Even to the point of death, I would have it no other way.

You can make your own list and see if it works for you. When you're feeling down you can look at it and remind yourself of the good you've done, I hope that helps.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top