Maladaptive Daydreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maladaptive daydreaming is when individual daydreams or fantasizes as a psychological response to prior trauma or abuse. Basically an individual will immerse themselves in a fantasy world as a coping skill. Though it's not a recognized psychiatric condition.
To cope with my loneliness I imagine myself surrounded by people are are talking to me and I respond back. Sometimes I'll get so caught up in the fantasy world I'll end up talking out loud. I've been caught talking to myself several times which led some people to think I'm schizophrenic.

BrinkOfExistence

I do this too but i never thought about it as being a condition i just thought..... i never grew up, i've been caught a few times but i just laugh it off.

Megz

I have this, I posted a thread asking if anyone else had fantasy lives (in the uncertainty principle) , I had no idea that it was so recognised. I honestly thought that I was maybenot the only one but that I was one of very few, and also terrified that people would think that I couldn't tell fantasy from reality, which I can all too painfully at times. There are forums and groups for this too. It's such a relief to be able to talk about this.

Craig

Banned Member
I do it a lot when things get really fucked up. I feel like the more I do it the more out of touch with my reality I get. Or maybe its the more out of touch with reality I get the more I do it. Who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00