Male Rape. May trigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a 36-year-old gay male living in the UK, long post, sorry.

I‘d been struggling again with depression for a year or two (stress from the bunch of Muppets called my car insurance company, still dealing with them and being unable to cope with several past sexual attacks) and in the middle of March 2016 it came to a head. I just couldn’t cope anymore, didn’t want to live anymore, tried to end my own life, got taken to hospital. Spoke to a shrink who passed my number on to a rape crisis centre then sent me home.

Then in April it started getting really bad, in my head I was seriously messed up. Started taking bad risks.

I decided I’d give away my stuff, as wouldn’t need it anymore but when I took my laptop over to a friend, I told him I didn’t need it anymore he refused to take it. I could tell from his face he knew something was wrong, but I didn’t care as id had enough. He asked what was wrong and I blurted out that I couldn’t cope and was going to end it. He literally dragged me to my doctor’s half a mile away who gave me a sick note for anxiety and pills that did nothing.

My mental state improved for a couple of days before going rapidly back the other way again. More risky behaviour.

End of April beginning of May sometime. I was taking loads of risks as I didn’t really care. I arranged to meet a guy in my local park for sex at around 4am, that I had met on Grindr. I waited for ages, thought he wasn’t coming. As I was about to leave a guy came up to me and said he’d seen me on Grindr and wanted to know if I fancied some fun, I thought why not. Don’t know if it was actually the guy I’d arranged to meet or not as didn’t bother getting a face pic.

We went off to have some fun, him to stop as he was hurting me and tried to push him away. He slammed my head into the ground and started choking me with his arm telling he was gonna wether I wanted it or not, that I deserve it cause I’m gay and that he would turn me into a woman if I scream.

I froze. I panicked and froze. Been through it before but still froze. I didn’t know what to do. After a while he raped me again. When he’d finished, out of nowhere, he produced a hammer and said if I told anyone or he saw me again he’d cave my head in with the hammer.

I’ve seen him since and he saw me but he was with his family, kids and all. So now he knows where I live too. But I can’t afford to move.

Got in trouble with the police and gained a criminal record as I tried to take my life in a public place . This was in the middle of the night and no-one was around. The only reason they knew where I was, was because a former flatmate told them where I went.

In the past when this has happened, by now I’ve kind of more or less gotten over it, as much as you can anyway. But this time….

I just can’t get past it. I need to but I can’t. flashbacks, panic attacks that cripple me for hours and all the other rubbish that goes with it. If I hear someone talking outside at night, it just makes me panic. I think their going to break in and rape me, constantly checking the doors are locked just in case. Sometimes I come home and find one of my flatmates have gone out and left the front or back door unlocked or open wide (I live in a flat share). They don’t seem to care about security as their rooms are locked so its fine. But anyone could walk in and be waiting. I just don’t want to tell them why I’m so anal about it. I’m still struggling looking after myself, its so hard just to do the basics, my washing and cleaning, cooking etc. but there is no help out there

I stopped eating for a year, paying for that now along with other problems down below since then that may or may not be related but is just getting worse. I’ve got scars on my arms from self-harming but managed to stop doing that now but all I want to do is hurt myself or have someone else do it.

I know it’s wrong and it will hurt like hell, but I just want to be gang raped over and over to I die, or kicked to death I don’t care. Every guy I see that I like I just want them to rape me. It just seems normal now like it’s what SHOULD happen. Because I know I deserve it. I must do or it wouldn’t keep happening. I must have “easy target” or Victim” permently written on my head for everyone to see. I’ve never been scared of dying but I’m no longer scared of a slow painful death either, which is wrong. But I’m wrong, I’m broken and I don’t think I can be fixed, not this time. Not anymore, too much damage has been done.

Still haven’t had counselling. Was told a while back that had I been born a woman they would have seen me quickly. But as men don’t get raped in this area (and their so so wrong, my friend was, he’s dead now, went to the funeral two weeks ago) it means I have to wait for someone more senior which could take a couple of years. What’s the point? I can’t afford to pay for it either and the NHS won’t help.

I haven’t cried either, I just can’t, the last time I cried was over 9 years ago. Think I’ve lost that ability. I’ve got no emotional release. My dad’s got terminal cancer but since we found out a couple of months ago I still haven’t been able to cry even the I really need to.

I’m lost, I’ve just given up. What’s the point in carrying on, its just one bad thing after another, nothing good. Why cant I just end it? If I don’t end it all I’ve got to look forward to is years of pain and suffering, I don’t want to live with that or my memories anymore.

(edited details)

Last edited by a moderator:

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi,

Oh my what a lot to go through. I am so sorry this has happened to you but you don't deserve this. This is not your fault, although putting yourself on grinder is probably not the safest route to meet people.
I know it's an uphill struggle but go back to tour GP and tell him how you're feeling. Make him listen, refuse to leave until he helps you. I can't believe there's no help out there for male rape victims

Have you tried contacting these

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/supportformenboys.php

https://www.survivorsuk.org/

http://www.supportline.org.uk

I found these after a very quick google search, I haven't looked into them to see what they can prvide but they might be worth checking out. I hope they can at the very least point you in the right direction to get some help.

Welcome to the forums, please stick around for a while and get to know this amazing place.

Take care

Sorry to hear that you have been through so much abuse.

Because I know I deserve it. I must do or it wouldn’t keep happening. I must have “easy target” or Victim” permently written on my head for everyone to see
No, you didn't deserve to be raped then, and you don't deserve it now. You can try to take actions to protect yourself from being raped, but the only person who is responsible for a rape is the rapist.

My dad’s got terminal cancer but since we found out a couple of months ago I still haven’t been able to cry even the I really need to
That's terrible news. Do you think it would help to go see him?

I can’t afford to pay for it either and the NHS won’t help.
I'm sorry the system isn't giving you the help that you need.

Are you near London? I researched some acupuncture teaching clinics in the London area. Teaching clinics often offer quality services at affordable prices. Acupuncture has been endorsed by the World Health Organization for treating a variety of illnesses, including depression.

It could be that this would be an affordable treatment that could help you deal with the traumas that you've been through.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
That's some terrible shit that happened to you, man. You didn't "deserve" that or anything. No one does. You need to get into the wait list for some therapy if you haven't already. For real, that's seriously messed up. Sorry to hear all that. Keep posting ok? Hang in there.

Shorty92

I’m a 36-year-old gay male living in the UK, long post, sorry.

I‘d been struggling again with depression for a year or two (stress from the bunch of Muppets called my car insurance company, still dealing with them and being unable to cope with several past sexual attacks) and in the middle of March 2016 it came to a head. I just couldn’t cope anymore, didn’t want to live anymore, tried to end my own life, got taken to hospital. Spoke to a shrink who passed my number on to a rape crisis centre then sent me home.

Then in April it started getting really bad, in my head I was seriously messed up. Started taking bad risks.

I decided I’d give away my stuff, as wouldn’t need it anymore but when I took my laptop over to a friend, I told him I didn’t need it anymore he refused to take it. I could tell from his face he knew something was wrong, but I didn’t care as id had enough. He asked what was wrong and I blurted out that I couldn’t cope and was going to end it. He literally dragged me to my doctor’s half a mile away who gave me a sick note for anxiety and pills that did nothing.

My mental state improved for a couple of days before going rapidly back the other way again. More risky behaviour.

End of April beginning of May sometime. I was taking loads of risks as I didn’t really care. I arranged to meet a guy in my local park for sex at around 4am, that I had met on Grindr. I waited for ages, thought he wasn’t coming. As I was about to leave a guy came up to me and said he’d seen me on Grindr and wanted to know if I fancied some fun, I thought why not. Don’t know if it was actually the guy I’d arranged to meet or not as didn’t bother getting a face pic.

We went off to have some fun, him to stop as he was hurting me and tried to push him away. He slammed my head into the ground and started choking me with his arm telling he was gonna wether I wanted it or not, that I deserve it cause I’m gay and that he would turn me into a woman if I scream.

I froze. I panicked and froze. Been through it before but still froze. I didn’t know what to do. After a while he raped me again. When he’d finished, out of nowhere, he produced a hammer and said if I told anyone or he saw me again he’d cave my head in with the hammer.

I’ve seen him since and he saw me but he was with his family, kids and all. So now he knows where I live too. But I can’t afford to move.

Got in trouble with the police and gained a criminal record as I tried to take my life in a public place . This was in the middle of the night and no-one was around. The only reason they knew where I was, was because a former flatmate told them where I went.

In the past when this has happened, by now I’ve kind of more or less gotten over it, as much as you can anyway. But this time….

I just can’t get past it. I need to but I can’t. flashbacks, panic attacks that cripple me for hours and all the other rubbish that goes with it. If I hear someone talking outside at night, it just makes me panic. I think their going to break in and rape me, constantly checking the doors are locked just in case. Sometimes I come home and find one of my flatmates have gone out and left the front or back door unlocked or open wide (I live in a flat share). They don’t seem to care about security as their rooms are locked so its fine. But anyone could walk in and be waiting. I just don’t want to tell them why I’m so anal about it. I’m still struggling looking after myself, its so hard just to do the basics, my washing and cleaning, cooking etc. but there is no help out there

I stopped eating for a year, paying for that now along with other problems down below since then that may or may not be related but is just getting worse. I’ve got scars on my arms from self-harming but managed to stop doing that now but all I want to do is hurt myself or have someone else do it.

I know it’s wrong and it will hurt like hell, but I just want to be gang raped over and over to I die, or kicked to death I don’t care. Every guy I see that I like I just want them to rape me. It just seems normal now like it’s what SHOULD happen. Because I know I deserve it. I must do or it wouldn’t keep happening. I must have “easy target” or Victim” permently written on my head for everyone to see. I’ve never been scared of dying but I’m no longer scared of a slow painful death either, which is wrong. But I’m wrong, I’m broken and I don’t think I can be fixed, not this time. Not anymore, too much damage has been done.

Still haven’t had counselling. Was told a while back that had I been born a woman they would have seen me quickly. But as men don’t get raped in this area (and their so so wrong, my friend was, he’s dead now, went to the funeral two weeks ago) it means I have to wait for someone more senior which could take a couple of years. What’s the point? I can’t afford to pay for it either and the NHS won’t help.

I haven’t cried either, I just can’t, the last time I cried was over 9 years ago. Think I’ve lost that ability. I’ve got no emotional release. My dad’s got terminal cancer but since we found out a couple of months ago I still haven’t been able to cry even the I really need to.

I’m lost, I’ve just given up. What’s the point in carrying on, its just one bad thing after another, nothing good. Why cant I just end it? If I don’t end it all I’ve got to look forward to is years of pain and suffering, I don’t want to live with that or my memories anymore.

(edited details)
I really don’t know what to say, I’m so sorry for the things that have happened to you. I think you need to really push for the counselling it may help it may not help, but it’s worth a try. I know it’s easier said then done but have you been to the police about this guy? To try and stop him doing it to others. People who rape are monsters who need to be locked away.

This is exactly how I feel most of the time. I can also relate to the wanting to be raped, because you just expect it(although I've just been sexually harassed, not technically raped, according to psychologists) Not sure if that's an actual byproduct of rape or just the culture we live in, where it's become quite common for others to make moves on the first date, wanted or not... I'll hang on if you will ;)

Dottie

Public Access
I am so sorry this has happened to you, and you absolutely did not ever deserve to be raped.

It's so upsetting and wrong that it's so hard for men to be taken seriously when it comes to this. You don't deserve that, your experiences and pain are real and valid and you have as much of a right to counseling and happiness as anyone else.

I can relate to having fantasies of being raped, too. I was raped by someone close to me several years ago, and it totally messed me up in every way. I still suffer from the related PTSD because of it. And for many years, I spent a lot of time fantasizing about being raped again. I even went through this phase where I'd be in bed with my boyfriend at the time, and I'd beg him to do some pretty disgusting things to me. Didn't take him long to figure out what was going on and he just said in plain words he refused to reenact my rape with me.

I think it's just like, you want to put yourself back there, but in a situation where your consent is actually valued, just to feel some semblance of control.

Please don't end it. Just hang on for a little while longer. It's a tough fight and it's a lifelong process to cope, but you've done so well so far. Please don't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00