Mania! Woo!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by aoeu, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Undergoing a manic phase at the moment. The next few weeks will be hell... XXXXX :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2009
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am sorry it is so rough...if you feel you are a danger to yourself or others please go to the Emergency Room or contact your GP/Pdoc..thanks, J

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

My solution about hurting people is to stay away from people altogether, so I'm in my basement with my kitty. 4th manic phase this year... This sucks.

4. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Are you on meds? I still have manic and depressive phases whilst on meds, albeit they are not as severe.

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yeah, though due to timing I changed meds right at the start of this one - that probably did me no favours.

I saw my doctor yesterday and he gave me some pills to calm me down. They seem to help.

Edit: I wish electric cigarettes were available in Canada. They'd be nice right about now... I can't make myself smoke the real, bad, cigarettes.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2009
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

So lonely :(

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, manic phase is gone. Now I'm in a deep depression. I want to die. :(

8. I was going to say Ativan helped me when I was last manic
    I am type 2 and dont often experience true manic episodes, mostly hypomanic

If you just switched meds, then I am sure you know they tend to kick in after a month and I hope your depression alleviates when they do :)

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm not actually on an antidepressant at the moment. Woops. And I was out of Ativan during that manic phase. I'm being taken off Zoloft and put onto multiple mood stabilizers to hopefully prevent manic phases altogether, and Seroquel should work for depression as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.