Maybe there is a reason why I feel this way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I went to my new neurologist.

I have NF1 (don't ask me to spell out the whole thing. It's a complete bitch to spell), which basically means I have little, tiny, eensie-weensie tumors in my brain. My condition is not serious, but it could have been. I have to be monitered closely to make sure that my condition does not up and go off the deep end.

But, I'm about ten years past the whole going-off-the-deep-end-mark. If it was gonna give me hell, we would have known by the time I was six.

But anyway, I was dying to know if NF1 and bipolar disorder, or depression in general, had any links.

When I asked my new neurologist (I had basically kicked my mother out of the room), he said he didn't know. He said that normally NF1 doesn't include physchiatric illnesses/diseases... but as the conversation progressed

He asked me how I'd been feeling lately. I said that my mood has been all over the place for years now. I recognize that a lot of my depressive and manic syptoms are very similar to an adesoclent bipolar disorder.

So he said he'll hit the books for me and see if there was a link.

So yeah, I dunno. Mebbie he'll order me to a therapist or something.

But it was a step, wasn't it?

I'll keep you guys updated, I go for an EEG tomorrow.

Yeah, it felt good, even though I was so nervous. :smile: I also opened up to my friend Marty (not his real name... but yeah) and he opened up to me, saying that he was in the same boat as I was. I told him to come to SF.

I'm opening up... it's a start, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00