medication, anxiety, depression... love?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Nemo, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

I am SO confused right now!
    I have forgotten to take my antidepressants for a couple of days now (not on purpose, I only just remembered) and I pretty sure that is why I'm feeling so panicky and down. But then I don't know how long it usually takes to show side effects of not taking meds so I'm not entirely sure.
    I'm also worried because I think I'm falling for my housemate (both he and I are in relationships, this is not a good idea!) and now I don't know what to do!
    So many things I need to sort out and I just can't bring myself to get out of bed. I just want to curl up in a ball and wait for everything to go away.
    :( So confused, worried and scared right now! Just need some peace of mind! Will I start feeling normal (well, as normal as possible for me) again when I begin taking my meds again tomorrow???
    Any advice would be much appreciated!
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

it is unlikely that you feel normal again tomorrow - it will take some time for the meds to pick up again. My advice would be to start taking your meds again and perhaps set a reminder on your phone or something so that you do not forget again. Of course if you need meds and you stop taking them you will feel badly - the same as if you needed a med for a physical condition or pain and you forgot to take them.

In relation to your housemate - I don't believe anything I say will help. You have said it is a bad idea. You know it is a bad idea. You are, I am sure, aware that your options are to distance yourself and limit the time you spend together and any emotional intimacy you share... or don't. It is not a matter of not knowing what to do - it is a matter of knowing you should do something that will be emotionally unpleasant. I could not say what you 'should' do because goodness knows my sense of self preservation when it comes to matters of the heart is basically non-existent, but I hope that whatever you choose to do works out for you.

If your emotions do not level off when you have been taking your meds again for a week or so please make sure you see your doctor :hug:
  3. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the reply Freya,
    I guess I just needed some reassurance. This really helped, thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.