Medication Description Site

kittykatt

One of the best sites I have found about a large number of medications including anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, anti-psychotics and every other kind of med you can think of is as follows:

http://www.rxlist.com/

It gives a very complete and understandable review of the med including doseage, purpose, warnings, side-effects, and patient information.

Just thought it might be helpful.

Rick/raw
I took a look at the website and put the names of the meds that I've been prescribed. Very interesting. Thank you for posting it.

kittykatt

Dose anyone know if there is away to get meds and help with out your family knowing?
If you don't mind my asking: how old are you? In this country (US) there is doctor/patient confidentiality. If you are an adult you should be able to see a doctor without your family knowing about it. Why would you not want your family to know about it?

this might seem very silly question. why do the give you anti depression med s that can make you suicidal. I am not an expert but arnt a lot of depressed people suicidal I know I am. and then the want to over medicate you
2 years ago i hurt my self and spent 3 days under suicide watch at the hospital and then another 1o at a phycriatic hospital. only got out because e of covid
the doctor seent me home with sertaline at a dose of 100mg twice a day i didn t take it after reading the side affects
normaly the say start at 25 mg and work up
some time i wonder about shrinks thats one of the only reasons why I dont hurt my self again so i dont have to see shrinks and go to a mental hospital again
and next time where i live , asecond time in three years is at least 6 months to a year and then you need 2 shrinks and a judge to let you out

this might seem very silly question. why do the give you anti depression med s that can make you suicidal. I am not an expert but arnt a lot of depressed people suicidal I know I am. and then the want to over medicate you
part of why antidepressants may make you suicidal is because they increase your energy, which can make it easier to find the energy to actually go through with it. in other cases your body just doesn't react very well to the medication, in which case your doctor should taper you off that and try an alternative treatment! some people aren't depressed because of a chemical imbalance and don't need medication to manage that ^^

man, i want to come off my mood stabilizers soon. i really don't think they help much at all. i'm not bipolar, nor do i experience mania or hypomania from any other disorder. my mood swings are all based on my BPD and rejection sensitivity...

part of why antidepressants may make you suicidal is because they increase your energy, which can make it easier to find the energy to actually go through with it. in other cases your body just doesn't react very well to the medication, in which case your doctor should taper you off that and try an alternative treatment! some people aren't depressed because of a chemical imbalance and don't need medication to manage that ^^

man, i want to come off my mood stabilizers soon. i really don't think they help much at all. i'm not bipolar, nor do i experience mania or hypomania from any other disorder. my mood swings are all based on my BPD and rejection sensitivity...
I still makes me wonder why they prescribe them and they knew i was suicidal cause its in my medical records as an attempt and then to give such a high dose to start
that why I hate taking any meds and I all ways look them up first no matter what they are for

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00