Medication dilemma

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm having a bit of a dilemma about what to do with my medication. I am very stable right now apart from the odd voice and visual hallucination, but my mood it euthymic. I started working again back in July and it's all going well and I've settled in now.

But I'm struggling with my medication, or specifically Olanzapine. I can wake up fine on it but at times at work I've been spaced out, pale and drowsy which is noticeable to my manager and my staff. If I'm up and about I'm fine, but if I sit down for a length of time I find myself falling asleep.

I want to change my Olanzapine anyway because of weight gain and work has said that I should consider changing it, but I'm not sure if it's too soon after starting working again. I don't want to upset the apple cart too much.

What do you guys think?

shattered dreams

My scars are healed, doesnt mean the pain is gone
Hi, I wouldn't just stop, that said you have the final say as to what you put into your body
I would talk to my dr. they have other meds they can try, but I can't say it enough, talk to your Dr.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
2 questions to consider I think:

How hard was it for you to find a med that helped? If this is one of the first you are trying, versus if you've tried a bunch of things, that would be one checkmark in favor of maybe trying something new.

Do you have the support around you to help you catch if things start to go off the rails? And will you be honest with and fully utilize them?

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
How would you compare how you are doing / feeling / functioning, etc. Now — with how you were before going (back?) on this current form of drug / medication - regime? In other words, is it like a ‘7,’ now (on a scale of 1-10) & it used to be a -3? I realize that numbers are just that — & arbitrary, so ... you know! :^)

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Would a standing/kneeling desk help?
I doubt the company would pay for one and there's no where to put one.

Hi, I wouldn't just stop, that said you have the final say as to what you put into your body
I would talk to my dr. they have other meds they can try, but I can't say it enough, talk to your Dr.
I'm not going to just stop. I have a pdoc appt on Monday to discuss this.

2 questions to consider I think:

How hard was it for you to find a med that helped? If this is one of the first you are trying, versus if you've tried a bunch of things, that would be one checkmark in favor of maybe trying something new.

Do you have the support around you to help you catch if things start to go off the rails? And will you be honest with and fully utilize them?
It did take a while to find a medication that helped without horrible side effects. I do have a good support network if things go off the rails.

How would you compare how you are doing / feeling / functioning, etc. Now — with how you were before going (back?) on this current form of drug / medication - regime? In other words, is it like a ‘7,’ now (on a scale of 1-10) & it used to be a -3? I realize that numbers are just that — & arbitrary, so ... you know! :^)
I'm functioning well now it's just the fact that I get drowsy at work. I'd say on the mood scale I'm an 8 and when I was in hospital I was like a -10 lol.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00