medication doesn't seem to help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by fvckinginsane, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fvckinginsane

fvckinginsane Active Member

I've been depressed for about 4 years now and my symptoms seem to just be getting worse. my sleeping pattern is a little out of control, some night i dont sleep, i usually sleep a lot during the day, or i sleep all night and all day.. just depends on my mood. my appetite is bad, i dont eat for a few days then binge then eat normally then dont eat etc. its just this continuous cycle. my mood goes up then a little later ill be so low nothing can bring me up then ill be average then low then up then down its quite frustrating. I'm on fluoxitine and cerequol, fluoxitine as my anti depressant, cerequol to help me sleep and calm down anxiety, neither seem to be effective.. i was just wondering if i should be put on other medication.. every time i ask my doctor she says its all part of it and that it'll take a while to work but its been 6 months...

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

If you have been on same meds with no real improvement at all in 6 months it is not unreasonable to ask your Dr to adjust medications. A simple straight forward "this is not working - it needs to be changed or dosage adjusted" will usually work , and if not then see a different Dr - not all Dr's are equally versed in the very wide variety of treatments available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.