Meds and incontinence

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Anyone suffer with this? I take Clozapine and this can cause bedwetting. I didn't suffer with this initially. My dose was increased some months ago due to breakthrough psychosis and I have suffered with it ever since. I also have a weak bladder. If I nerd to pee, I have to go. It also doesn't help that I've got sleep apnoea and need a CPAP machine.

I've bought some incontinence pants and they thankfully fit well and I have managed to not pee the bed.

Am I alone in this?

Harmony

SF Supporter
No, you're not alone in this. I was on some med (I forget which one) but I wet my bed and it also gave me urinary urgency that I never experienced before. If the benefits of the med outweigh this side effect I'd stick with it. That would be your call. Strengthening of the pelvic floor muscle through Kegel exercises has been helpful for some. Limiting fluid intake prior to bed is an obvious solution you have probably already tried and I know there are anticholinergic meds that treat this as well.

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
I have noted my bladder is more active especially at night i take co-codamol and Sertaline but i have have found the other side i am blocked up more i go more but can never empty myself in on go

mum always says its because i am getting old being 44

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00