Member Gingie Has Died

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by charlietgirl, Jun 29, 2014.

1. charlietgirl

charlietgirl Member

I just saw this on Facebook and wanted to let everyone know. Gingie, who was a member on here since 2010, died on Friday. Her parents posted the news to Facebook a few hours ago, but those close to her knew closer to the time it happened.

Funeral services will be at Browning-Forshay Funeral Home in Hawthorne, NJ. Viewing Monday 2-4, and 7-9 then interment Tuesday at 10:30 at Washington Memorial Cemetery in Paramus, NJ.

In her obituary, it has been requested that people donate to the Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome Association, 10520 W. Bluemound Road, Suite #106, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226.

Though I have no idea what she or her family would have wanted (and I'm really just saying this for the sake of saying it and for the benefit of people who may want to do something), I think she would have appreciated it if anyone who can go to her services would go. I also think that donating to The Trevor Project would be a good choice. They are an organization that helps prevent suicide among Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender teens. Given Ginger's transgender identity and the fact that this and the surrounding issues are part of what made her suicidal, I think this would be a great charity to remember her.

Thank you,

2. HollowRhythms

HollowRhythms Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this, I didn't have it in me to do it myself. I'll miss her a lot, we talked often, and she was a ray of sunshine in my life. Ginge, this ones for you! *pours one out for her homie*
  3. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

Rest in peace gingie, i hope you are in a better place now and all of your suffering has ended.
  4. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

:( not sure what to say but also saw it on FB first.. I hope she is well wherever she ended up.
  5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Thanks for posting CharlieGirl - I didn't get round to chatting to her but saw her on forum

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I also saw this on facebook and was very saddened. RIP Gingie, I hope that you are in a better place.
  7. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

awful news. i will pray for her family. can someone post a link to her facebook page?
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Rest in peace x x x
  9. Suess

Suess Member

I just read Gingie's last post on June 25 and that makes me so sad.
    Facebook can be so depressing. I rarely ever post anymore. I still check out the newsfeed and like other people's posts. It's damn depressing to post "I made it home safely through the tornado and high floods tonight" and not get a single "good to hear", like or otherwise. Yet, as Gingie pointed out, someone else can post they have a hangnail and get 2000 comments. Screw Facebook. I am considering deleting my account completely, but still like to keep up with the pics of family and such. I just quit posting anything and that way I don't have to feel inferior when nobody comments or likes. By the way, my fiance committed suicide on May 13. He left me a few months prior to that to go work out his depression. I'm not in a good place right now and am looking for answers. I know he deleted his Facebook account when he left me and had just reactivated the darn thing 3 weeks before he killed himself. I'm not blaming Facebook. Don't get me wrong. But, after looking at Gingie's last post on June 25, I highly recommend to anyone that is depressed to stop posting anything there and avoid the whole disappointment when nobody gives a shit.
  10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

So sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with her family.
  11. charlietgirl

charlietgirl Member

I am sorry for your loss. Please feel free to connect if you think I can be of any help.
  12. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sorry about your loss.

I removed my facebook account last oct. Still didnt help the depression though.
  13. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

Wow. My heart breaks knowing this, Gingie was so extraordinarily nice to me and we kind of stopped talking for a while just because we were so busy with life. I'll miss those times we played WoW together and shared some funny moments, that's for sure. R.I.P. :((
  14. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry for your loss Seuss hope you have support to help you and you are so right facebook can be very depressing i hope you do delete it
  15. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

R.I.P Gingie. I didnt know you that well but you will be dearly missed by SF. And I am very sorry for the problems that have caused you to end up where you are :hug:
  16. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

I have no words... is it known that it was a suicide, charlie?
  17. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I agree Suess. People post things like the meal they have just had and trivial stuff like that whereas a post like yours Suess nobody cares about. What is important? The meal or you getting home safely? (rhetorical question)
  18. darkhorse91

darkhorse91 Member

My condolences. Her family will be in my prayers.
  19. The Unforgiven

The Unforgiven Well-Known Member

Rest in peace, Gingie.. I wish I could have spoken to you one last time. <3