Mental & Emotional abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even sure how to start. All I really want to do is end it. Permanently. I've been through this in every single relationship. Now I'm dealing with it from my husband's 14yo kid! Husband claims that he doesn't condone it, but he sure doesn't do much to put a stop to it!
I've become physically disabled and am not able to work. Still waiting on Disability case to be approved, so I have no income to get away from the chaos .
Soooo, what's the point? Life is nothing less than a living hell .

full

SF Supporter
When I am in a rut I do not see a point either. The only thing learned is that everything is temporary and hard times go away. I am sorry you are stuggling so much at the moment. Not sure what is happening with your son and hubby, but you already took a good stel to get your disability benefits and in due course of time will be able to move away from the chaos. Do not lose hope and give up; better times are possible for all of us.

Thanks. It's hard to see the light .I'm talking to an online friend as well who has some crisis experience .I may go into more detail tomorrow .Difficult typing .My eyes are so puffy from crying . Thank you tho. It feels kinda good to know there are people who can empathize .Thanks .

No one can help. My situation is SO damn complicated. I can't stay here any longer because I cannot handle it. I do not have the means to leave. I have no where to go. If I go into my situation on this forum, it will take me hours to type. If my husband hears me on the,phone, I'm not sure what he'll do. He might grab the phone from me and tell me I'm being atupid. I don't know. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lost!

Aprilflowers7

There are many resources that can help you like homeless shelters. There are also soup kitchens and then there is something called DHS that can give you a little money if you do not have a source of income. My father was homeless for awhile and he survived have you thought of trying to live in your car? That's what he did. I don't know how he was able to get food though. I've thought about running away but my mother would probably call all the news stations and then they would find me, although she wouldn't be worried about me she just wants the attention.

No one can help. My situation is SO damn complicated. I can't stay here any longer because I cannot handle it. I do not have the means to leave. I have no where to go. If I go into my situation on this forum, it will take me hours to type. If my husband hears me on the,phone, I'm not sure what he'll do. He might grab the phone from me and tell me I'm being atupid. I don't know. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lost!
Hi Mallison, hold on in there lovely. If I understand it you are being abused by your stepchild - I have experience of that. Take time please and write here as much as you can as often as you can. I’m here to listen xxx

Hi Mallison, hold on in there lovely. If I understand it you are being abused by your stepchild - I have experience of that. Take time please and write here as much as you can as often as you can. I’m here to listen xxx
Yes. He's 14. He is so out of control! Dad is either in denial or just doesn't care. The kid's punishment usually consists of being sent to his room. But he still continuously gets privileges. All he has to do is be nice to me for a couple of hours and he gets what he wants. No wonder he keeps being an a**hole! Dad just doesn't get it! The child lies, sneaks, steals, manipulates, he's destructive and then tells dad that I must have broke it! I could go on & on & on & on & on.............

Yes. He's 14. He is so out of control! Dad is either in denial or just doesn't care. The kid's punishment usually consists of being sent to his room. But he still continuously gets privileges. All he has to do is be nice to me for a couple of hours and he gets what he wants. No wonder he keeps being an a**hole! Dad just doesn't get it! The child lies, sneaks, steals, manipulates, he's destructive and then tells dad that I must have broke it! I could go on & on & on & on & on.............
I feel for you, I truly do. My stepchild of a similar age once apologised to me and when I asked
them why they were apologising they said they didn’t know or care but their dad had told them to. It’s so hard. Mine went on to be violent and still he stood by them. Always here for you xx

I feel for you, I truly do. My stepchild of a similar age once apologised to me and when I asked
them why they were apologising they said they didn’t know or care but their dad had told them to. It’s so hard. Mine went on to be violent and still he stood by them. Always here for you xx
That's EXACTLY what's happening here. Bio mom says to put him in a group home but dad is hell bent against it!! A friend of mine said if I admit myself to a hospital and tell them I won't come back until something is done about the current situation is handled that they'll send in a case worker and try to make it happen. She talked me out of suicide last night. I<mod edit - method> I'm a wreck. I don't know what to do!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's EXACTLY what's happening here. Bio mom says to put him in a group home but dad is hell bent against it!! A friend of mine said if I admit myself to a hospital and tell them I won't come back until something is done about the current situation is handled that they'll send in a case worker and try to make it happen. She talked me out of suicide last night. I <mod edit - method> I'm a wreck. I don't know what to do!!!
What’s a group home if you don’t mind my asking? Please stay safe and be careful with your insulin xx

Last edited by a moderator:
A group home is where troubled kids to to live for a while (length of time depends on their progress in becoming "better"). I finally talked dad into putting him in one. Now the tedious process of getting him in there... This needs to happen like yesterday cuz I cannot take ANYMORE of this child's B.S.!!!

Aprilflowers7

Oh ok well usually when someone gets put in a group home they get more money to pay for the expenses. But some people in group homes steal so I would try to find the best one possible.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @mallison060273 I am sorry you are struggling so much. I put up with emotional abuse/ was taken advantage of for more than 2 years and every day, even now something affects me from those days. I don't know where you live but try to take shelter somewhere else (google is your friend there).You do not have to endure this abuse, say no to it because you do have a choice i would say with a high possibility, again all depends on where you live but no matter what SF is here or you, we will walk you through the steps of freedom. (hugs)

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
hugs there @mallison060273

ID and behaviorial issues are realy tough to deal with alone so know that very well it is so frustrating. It is a good thing that the funding is easier for individuals with ID to be placed in a group home in my state. How long it will take depends on bed availablity and the agency you guys choose. My advice in the long term: Guardianship when he turns of age start thinking now in long term if he will be his own guardian for himself or you guys once he turns of age when he is considered an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00