mental health disorder or psychic ability?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Angel12, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel12

Angel12 Active Member

I always suspect that mental health problems were a result of a person tapping in their psychic abilities. When I live with my mother she would display signs of ESP. Right after her health start deteriorating. Last time I visit my mother she has knowledge of certain events that no man or women could know of. She could find out the inner details of a person life in a heart-beat. She found out I got lay-off from my old job (I have a new job) without calling my boss or my co-workers. My mother is paranoid schizophrenia, bi-polar, (DID) how she survived all these years by refusing taking her medication is beyond me.

I remember once reading about a article on how paranoid schizophrenia is a result of psychic powers breaking down. If that true then that means there will never be a cure for paranoid schizophrenia. The Cure will have to come from within the person.

This is not a new phenomenon. A person can trace mental health disorders or ESP to the beginning of Human Civilization. Thousands of years ago a person hearing voices became the head of the tribal chief and, honor as a god among men.

By Barbara Menter
    Long has the debate raged on in the field of psychic ability and phenomenon as to whether we all demonstrate symptoms of psychic abilities at some point in our lives. Paradoxically, it seems that it is a person's own mind that psychologically stands in the way of recognizing these symptoms, as well as establishing an awareness of your own self. Such an awareness provides the way towards recognizing and improving psychic abilities.

Symptoms Psychic Abilities - Getting Out of Your Own Way

The best doctors and scientists understand that when symptoms manifest, they are a sign that certain conditions exist within the body. When symptoms of psychic abilities begin to manifest themselves, you must at some point begin to view them as a sign that something is there.

The fictional character, Sherlock Holmes, explained it best to his fictional colleague, Dr. Watson, that whenever you are able to eliminate the impossible, whatever remains must be the truth even if it seems quite improbable.

Whether you believe or not in the ability of the psychic, after you have eliminated the possibility of every physical or mental health disturbance and other illnesses, what remains is probably psychic in nature.

From the moment people first set foot in a schoolroom, they are trained to think and reason in a linear way. In terms of psychic abilities, people can be their own worst enemies when it comes to denying when something happens out of the ordinary. They dismiss things as pure coincidence or seek to rationalize them with an on-the-spot explanation.

It may be better to consider the theory that knowing something before it happens or having a dream come true could be a little spark of the divine whispering those messages to your conscience. It is not as far off the mark as many more skeptical people would like to think.

True Psychic Symptoms

The most obvious signs of psychic ability include knowing something before it happens and having an intense, overwhelming feeling that sticks with you and will not let go. Other symptoms include:

Dreams that are vivid in nature and precede an actual life event; an event that occurs immediately within a day or two, or one that occurs within a space of three to six months
    Touching an item that belongs to another and receiving mental images of a person, their geographic location and their welfare
    Hearing noises (i.e. a car crash) or even voices (i.e. hearing a relative call your name) that immediately precedes a life event
    Smelling something that has no obvious immediate source such as a specific perfume or a dinner cooking in a house that has been unoccupied for years, followed by an emotional impression
    Strong reactions towards strangers who come into your life (i.e. a feeling of intense anger or love, or a sense of knowing that person)
    Frequent experiences of déjà vu - the "I've-been-here-done-this before" feeling
    I have the Symptoms - Now What?

Only you can decide if you are going to believe and trust in your psychic abilities that are beginning to appear. You have control over whether or not you develop your psychic power.

If you choose not to develop it, simply dismiss it from your mind. Ignore things when they happen and chalk it up to a simple moment in life. Much like a muscle that does not get exercise, gradually your power will dim and probably fade away completely.

However, if you chose to develop your ability, you must do the following three things:

Record things when they happen in a journal; you must learn to recognize patterns outside of ordinary experiences.
    Practice daily meditation; you must begin to bring your mind into command and focus.
    Seek teachers; you must seek out the best teachers who can help with the development of your abilities. Teachers may come in the form of books, music and even animals. In fact, do not be surprised to find someone like this entering your life and making your acquaintance. Once you express your desire, the Universe has a way of delivering the right person to your door.
    Psychic Development and Protection

You should understood that when developing your psychic abilities, you must practice humility, trust and understanding of the responsibilities that go along with developing your gift. Many people forget this aspect in the thrill of tapping into the well of knowledge that comes with psychic abilities.

Before every meditation session, it is wise to practice a prayer of protection, and express a need for help in learning and bearing the responsibilities of a psychic gift. As you open your mind, you must open your eyes to discover the right people who will aid you in your training. You must also open your heart to helping others with your gift.
  2. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I have had so much psychic stuff happen to me, or through me, since I can remember, that I couldn't even begin to post on it all. I am positive that this is one of the huge issues of my depression.
  3. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

mine's hereditary. the disorder i mean.
  4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I understand the connection, more than I would like to. The area relating to spiritual giftings is supra-natural, similar to the supernatural. Great care has to be exercised in discernment. I know to my own trauma that the 2 can appear almost identical. The spiritual gifts that God gives are for the benefit and blessing of humanity and his church - unfortunately not every spirit is holy/divine and many can become deceived. Not wanting to be an alarmist or anything, just to caution.
    Protection, as you say is absolutely vital when opening to the spiritual realm. I could get myself in a lot of hot water and trouble if I wrote any more, so had better leave it there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.