Methods to use/Things to practice to become emotionally independent?

HelpMePls_._

By emotionally independent, I mean the ability for someone to be able to deal with their emotions, and feelings [mostly] by themself.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to reply. :)

hmm do you sometimes feel, that youre "overly empathic"? As in, you worry a lot, perhaps too much about problems of others?

I know that I do, and reading about that topic helped me. Learning, that you as a person, are independent from the others... Im not sure if this makes sense when I say it like this..
Or do you rather mean coping with your emotions in a healthy way?

Yeah, I care too much about other people, their problems, etcetera.

I don't mind if the way I cope with my emotions ate healthy or not..
Well the problem with unhealthy coping skills is, that you may feel better in that moment, but may have adverse effects long-term.
Would you like to elaborate on caring too much about other peoples' problems? As in, what kind of problem, which people(friend, family etc.?

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
being empathic to people is a good trait if you know your limits of safety. you probably know that I talk to a lot of people, I show compassion and really care. sometimes it gets to me a little with so many peoples problem. I have learned to be careful to not let it get to me and there are some posts i'll stay away from because I know it'll make me very uncomfortable. you have to figure out your limits and be careful not to exceed them. try to develop coping skills that are healthy and effective for you, we will help you...mike...*console*hug

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00