• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

More frustrations

sadhart

SF Supporter
#1
So last month, I put in to have yesterday and today off from work. The reason why was because I was supposed to have my lease renewal take place yesterday. Well, after getting no response about that last week, I got an email Monday saying that it would have to be rescheduled, possibly until the second week of august. They stress so much about me getting things in on time and I do my best and yet I feel like they never have things done on their end in a considerate way. I wanted to write to her voicing my frustration, but I have waited on that. I don't want to sound angry or confrontational, but I feel at some point I need to say something. I have had some past issues with certain people in the organization the apartment is under because one of the people was condescending and rude towards me, saying things like how I needed to be more social if I wanted to be accepted by my neighbors. I felt judged in an unfair way. Sorry as I am probably not explaining that well.

Aside from that, I was told that for the time being, we may be working 7 days a week due to being behind at work. While overtime pay will be helpful, having no real days off will be somewhat challenging. Right now, I want to try making the most of this day I have off, even though I am really frustrated over not having to get this lease renewal over and done with.
 

Marga

Well-Known Member
#4
Sorry your meeting was rescheduled, that is annoying. I think you could write them an email just saying that you took a day off especially for the purpose and it was not easy for you to do and their cancelling creates difficulties for you. Noting that you would appreciate they don't do that in the future. I know it is not easy to write such things (definitely wouldn't be easy for me), but I guess it's necessary sometimes.
Otherwise, I don't know the context but it seems to me it is not anyone's business in the organization managing your appartment to tell you that you should be "more social" with your neighbours. While I think it is good to have good relationships with neighbours, I believe it is everyone's free choice how much they want to interact with them.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#5
Sorry your meeting was rescheduled, that is annoying. I think you could write them an email just saying that you took a day off especially for the purpose and it was not easy for you to do and their cancelling creates difficulties for you. Noting that you would appreciate they don't do that in the future. I know it is not easy to write such things (definitely wouldn't be easy for me), but I guess it's necessary sometimes.
Otherwise, I don't know the context but it seems to me it is not anyone's business in the organization managing your appartment to tell you that you should be "more social" with your neighbours. While I think it is good to have good relationships with neighbours, I believe it is everyone's free choice how much they want to interact with them.
The thing is that, yes,a part of me wants to work on socializing more with my neighbors and people in general. But it's hard, and one of the reasons is because of stuff like that lady telling me to be more social the way she did. Throughout my life I have had people be so hostile towards me for being quiet. And the ass backwardness of it is they fail to see their own messed up behavior. And they also fail to see how their messed up behavior makes me want to to them even more so.

The lease signing is today. I got here early just because I am always nervous driving to places I'm not used to going to often. Even though I had to use yet another vacation day to do this, I'm at least glad it's in the morning and if all goes well (and I can't help feel that it won't) I may do something nice for myself afterwards. The thing is that I've been doing this for eight years and it never stops feeling uncomfortable and unnerving coming to this place.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top