mummies and daddies with depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Izziebabystar, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

I have a 2 year old little girl and im 22. ive struggled with my mental health since I was 14. I had social services involved with our family last year for issues relating to domestic abuse. but they loved to bring up my mental health like all the time. social services are no long involved and havnt been since april this year. anyay my question is. I am again struggling with my depression. but am really worried social services will come back to be involved with my family if I go to the drs and ask for help. I know they can be helpful but to me they make me feel so worthless. have any other parents had social services come into there lives due to asking for help with there depression or other mental health issues. thanks

2. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I have had social services involved 3 times, 2 times due to mental health issues and 1 time for a malicious claim filed against me by a neighbour. Recently I suffered a really bad spell, in which, I had urgent carem abd police called out because urgent care filed a report of me abusing my daughter (they saw her and said everything was fine, but filed a report anyway). Social services are still involved.

They aren't all bad, perhaps, ask them to help you out, because if you need help you get it and don't worry about them being involved, social services can get you support, (a few hours at nursery for your daughter, help with bits around the house, and extra community support by getting you into help programs not normally accesible) The more you see them of a threat, the more of a threat they will be.

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi. I do not live in the UK. But I will tell you my thoughts re what you wrote. I think it might be better to reach out and and yourself. To get help now rather than to let the depression get worse. I would think it shows them that you are taking care of things.

Do you have a doctor who you trust can treat you with respect? In the US people are treated all the time for depression. Its very common. And it is not even close to a reason for social servcices to step in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.