Muscle Dysmorphia

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by 2ndCity773, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ndCity773

2ndCity773 Active Member

I'm a 25 year old male that's 6'3" 240 pounds. I suffer from a condition that has been named "Bigorexia". Its similar to OCD because I'm so dissatisfied with my body that it has caused me to start having suicidal ideations. Despite the fact I look extremely healthy on the outside I'm miserable on the inside. I get extremely irritable if I miss a workout or a meal. I get anxious going to social events with my wife because there's always alcohol and unhealthy food and I don't want people to think I'm a jerk when i turn it down. I'm also on my second AAS cycle and I'm not seeing the gains I thought I would even though I'm a bit stronger. I just want to be happy but its so hard when so many other people look way better then me due to superior genetics and I train ten times harder.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Are you receiving any help or support from you doctor in way of meds and therapy for your disorder It must be so very hard for you

3. 2ndCity773

2ndCity773 Active Member

No because insurance doesn't cover it I just spent a ton on my kid's dental. I self medicate by going to the gym but its hit or miss if it works or not. Sometimes when I'm there and things are going good I'll feel on top of the world. Most times I feel all eyes are on me judging how I look and how much I'm lifting and it gets to be too much. When I'm not on steroids I feel like shit even more. I've been like this for a while and it really sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.