My anxiety issues

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ZombiePringle, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

As some of you may know I do have bad anxiety. It has actually gotten worse... I haven't gone inside a public place besides my job in about 2 and a half weeks. Even my job isn't exactly a public place since its a factory. I keep making various excuses to not go inside anywhere and I know I may have to go to get groceries today or tomorrow. I'm honestly kinda freaked out about the idea of going into a store.

I'm not even sure what happened that has made my anxiety so much worse than it was.

2. loser

loser Well-Known Member

It sounds as if you are anxious among people.
    If that is the case then it makes sense to go to the store when it is quiet.
    The well known secret of coping with panic attics is to focus on your breathing so you breathe more slowly and calm down.
    When we are anxious we tense our muscles - which makes us more anxious.
    So you let different parts of yous body go limp.
    Some people find aerobic exercise helpful. Easy way is to play house music and dance about to it till you feel relaxed
    Drugs are bad for anxiety,
    Herbal pills with valerian can help you relax and sleep
    But you would need to go to store and buy.

3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I always try to do the breathing thing. I mean that has worked in the past... I actually used to manage my anxiety really well but it just seems all my old tricks just don't work as well. I really wish I could go to the store in the middle of the night but I work overnight 5 days a week so that makes it difficult. Its gotten to the point that I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about going in somewhere.

4. loser

loser Well-Known Member

In that case try aerobic exercise. If the idea of dancing does not appeal try other exercises.
    Loosen up your muscles. Rock back and forth like a pendulum letting your arms swing loosely by your sides.
    And yawn.
    Do you have a picture of any friendly face?
    Does not matter whose. Just a face that looks okay to you and take it with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.