My cat Prinnctopher

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

[​IMG]
    I just learned last night that my sharp and royal tuxedo cat named Prinnctopher has passed away.

He was turning 8 years old this Christmas, but instead became very ill this fall and died in October. I was hoping to make him part of my life again since I moved into my own home recently, but I was too late. He wasn't being taken care of very well at all, but I shouldn't have left him where I was in the first place.

I raised him from a kitten and we were a source of comfort to each other. He was my little boy. I just didn't do enough to protect him.

His favorite food was tuna and wet friskies. He also loved eating Cheerios as a kitten. He liked sleeping in the bed with me and really liked a little stuffed animal he would play with and drag around everywhere.

[​IMG]

Like most kitties, he was funny and would drink running water from faucets, but not fresh water in a bowl. He ran to the bathroom whenever I went in, because he knew I was going to eventually run water.

If he saw me sobbing, he would come and investigate, then sit close to me.

I was told that since I'd left a year and a half ago, that he would lay in front of my bedroom door and moan. :(

I'm sorry that he suffered.

[​IMG]

2. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I am Very Sorry for the bad news, my heart goes out to you. I myself Love Cats and I have had at least one my whole life, They are such Special Creatures, They are good Company and hold a large part of My heart!

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have 2 cats and they are a part of my family. I would be in bits if one passed away, I am so sorry to learn your kitty has passed on. May peace be with you, you loved your cat, there's no blame to be placed on you or anyone. May your kitty r.i.p.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:( So sorry for your loss, it's always heart breaking to lose a pet

5. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

So sorry for your loss. I love cats, but am rather allergic to them. Can only be around them for short periods. I am glad you shared some photos of yours. He really was a very handsome cat. Remember the good times the two of you shared.

6. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

He looks like such a sweet cat. I'm sorry for your loss. RIP Prinnctopher.

7. MyCatWillMissMe

MyCatWillMissMe Well-Known Member

I know I'm late here but I wanted you to know reading this made me cry. The love for an animal can be incredibly strong. I've lost two dogs that will never be forgotten and I think of them just about every day.

Thank you for sharing his memory with us and please know that his energy is with you because he knows you loved him.

8. I really like you PB. You are so thoughtful and intelligent. Hang in there. It's a hard way to be in a shallow world.