My dad died, A year ago when I just turned 18...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by danielG, Feb 13, 2013.

1. danielG

danielG New Member

i don't know how to deal with it.
    i want him back
    i want me gone
    i want life to stop going
    i want all the other kids my age to be as depressed as me
    i want my mom to be happy, this is why i won't actually kill myself...i just cut (i don't anymore...but i want to)
    i'm lost
    i don't like college...
    i don't like life
    i don't like anything...
    i want to smoke so much that i die of lung cancer...
    i want someone to punch me
    .... i need help, but i won't ask for it...

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

hi Daniel...I am so sorry about your loss but do ask for help...there is not*reason to*go through this*alone...grieving is quite different for each person, and a professional can assist you with the process

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Daniel your father would want you to get help hun he would want you to be happy and strong as your mother Perhaps hun both of you together can go get some grief therapy hun
    I know it hurts hun i do know but do this for you and for the memory of your dad ok You get some help ask councilor at you college for support hugs

4. hellcat

hellcat Member

My dad also died 3 weeks before my 20th birthday. It destroyed my life and hurt like hell...

I hope you hang in there!

5. fatloser

fatloser Banned Member

My dad died when I was 13, i'm almost 32 now, and it still hurts sometimes. It's the whole what would my life be like had he lived that gets me. You never really get overit, you just learn to accept it and try to move on. It's easier said than done, but with therapy, it gets easier.