My deal is probably not bipolar but a mix of cluster b personality disorders

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCC988

My recent visit with the therapist proved eye opening. I came to the conclusion that it's not bipolar disorder that's affecting me but a horrific amalgam of what is known as the "Cluster B" personality disorders. They include borderline, histrionic, narcissistic, and antisocial personality disorder. I show signs of all 4, even antisocial personality what with occasional rule breaking and becoming abusive when under stress. It makes total sense to me now. Even the therapist said that these personality disorders are not to be used as labels but as markers for symptoms of a root cause.

And the root to all this? Chronic feelings of inadequacy. Inadequacy I've felt my entire life. I'm not sure where to go from here but it's nice to have answers.

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
The first step to solving what's wrong is to know what's wrong in the first place. That's great that you have more insight now into what's causing your troubles

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Abusive and breaking rules in what way? That can be a symptom of borderline and narcissistic too, not just antisocial.

JCC988

Abusive and breaking rules in what way? That can be a symptom of borderline and narcissistic too, not just antisocial.
Breaking the rules of the house (I live with my mother and sister). And not feeling bad about it.
Abusive in the verbal and emotional way. Being disrespectful.
And yes I show signs of both those things as well as histrionic.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Okay. I guess I misunderstood. I thought you meant that the symptom of being abusive only related to ASPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00