My Father & only real friend

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Lorax, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

So my Father was diagnosed with hepatitis C when i was 11. He was a Vietnam POW, and suffered a life long battle of Bipolar, and PTSD. He had his issues, but was the most loving, funny man i ever knew. He was near death, and by a miracle got a transplant from a family friend that passed in an accident. He developed Diabetes, and in the following years had Staph infection, hernias, an open wound, and i repress the rest. I gave up on a social life to take care of him. After 6 years of pain, he had a brain hemrage from his blood thinners. We took him to an ER, yet it was too late. We decided to take him off life support. I stayed by his side for 3 hours. Watching him gasp for air before finally passing. I miss him.. He was my only friend through my life.. And he's gone.. Except in my dreams

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so sorry hun for the loss of your father Hope you have support to help you hugs to you

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Lorax. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. He sounds like a very brave and valiant person. You said "we" took him to hospital...I hope that means there is someone with you at this time. Please know that I'm thinking of you. :hug:

4. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Thank you for the sympathy, i don't mention it a lot.. I did with my ex, but it feels like everyone thinks i should be over it by now.. Oh i just realized it's 3 year anniversary this month.. Gf dreams

5. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Thank you much Acy, he had his faults, but he was the most important person in my life. The family was with him, though only a few people were able to stay through out. He was brave, not just getting shot for his land, but facing so much for his family. I will only say i love one man, but i forgot to say it before he left..

6. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear your sorrows, Lorax. I admire your love for your dad. I am sure you will overcome the loss. My mother died a few years ago and I still feel the loss. The loss of dad or mom is very serious loss. But some people do not take care of their parents when they are old and weak and sick. These people are scum of the earth. May be I am being too harsh but a man (or woman) should take care of their parents in their old age.

7. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Prakash,
    I'm honestly sorry to hear you lost your mother. It seems you loved her a lot. In a sense he has to be happier.. He was so sick, and out of fight. It takes a lot to take care of a sick parent. To see your role model being so vulnerable. I was happy to step up for him, he is the one that brought me into the world. I had no option, it was my parents/me. I chose to stay by his side to the end, bc he was my Father, but also my only lasting friend. This month is his anniversary, it hurts..