My friend Charlie

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by mackaroni, Nov 28, 2012.

1. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

Hi all-

I am sad today as this is the first anniversary of my friend Charlies' death after battaling cancer for almost three years. He was the best friend I have ever had and gave me hope when I thought I had none. He made me see life in a totally different way than anyone else ever has. When I have my dark moments I think about Charlie. Even after he learned his cancer was terminal he did not give up and just roll over. He kept fighting, kept living life up until his last breath. My only regret is that I was in a psychiatric ward for the last month of his life and was not able to see him in person. I talk to him everyday! He loved animals, ice hockey, Pokemon, and PRIME rib! I love and miss him everyday! I promised him the last time we talked that I would work my way through the hard times and not take myself out as he will be waiting at the Pearly gates when I am called home, not when I do it myself.

Love you always!
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Mackaroni, I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: What a lovely and loving tribute you have paid to Charlie here. He sounds like he was an amazing friend and a joy to know.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am also so sorry for your loss and he was very fortunate to have you in his life
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs to you hun