My granny died this morning

I was never close to my granny, because she's all the way in China and i grew up abroad. I've met her a few times and spoken to her a handful of times. I am not that affected by her death but i do feel a bit sad. I am concerned about how my mother will be affected. I don't think I could have done any more for my granny. I visited her when i could etc. I never knew her that well, but she was always the nice gentle type. Cute , like my mother. and hopefully something i inherited too.

But i am a bit shocked. just quietly shocked. i cant believe thats it. thats the end. like shes gone now, forever and ill never see her again. we all knew she was very sick and my mother flew over about a month ago to go see her. We all knew that. its just we always thought there was a possibility she would get better you know. at least, thats what i thought. or hoped.

tonight i will go to the church and light a candle for her. not religious but will say a small prayer. I might light a candle for my mother too during these difficult times.

may she rest in peace (my granny)

bubbiebear

Last edited:

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hugs bubble even if you are not close to someone it can still really effect you when a close family member passes. Thinking of you take care and stay safe.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Oh Bubble, I'm so sorry to hear that.
Even though you feel like you didn't know her well it's the impact it has on your mum and therefore the rest of the family.

Sending hugs and thoughts your way xx

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
I’ve just seen your post hun. I’m so sorry for your loss. There’s no words of comfort I can give that you haven’t already said yourself. I think your idea of going to the Church is lovely and even if you’re not religious it will allow you to have some quiet time to yourself to start grieving and reflect on your memories of her.

You know where we are if you need us. Take your time and try to find solace in the fact that I can definitely say you have inherited the cute, gentle and nice traits you remember in her. I’ve no doubt she must have been very proud of you. It’s so nice that you’re thinking of your mum at this difficult time, but make sure you take care of yourself as well.

May your Granny rest in peace. {{Hedgehugs}} Bubbly. X

i dont actually think il grieve im not that affected. i will reflect tho. thanks anyways * huggles * at least i have a shit ton of work to do for college so will distract me and keep my mind busy. i shouldnt overthink.

hug kiss highfive

i dont actually think il grieve im not that affected. i will reflect tho. thanks anyways * huggles * at least i have a shit ton of work to do for college so will distract me and keep my mind busy. i shouldnt overthink.

hug kiss highfive
So sorry to hear about your gran, sweetheart. Reflection and memories are good ... I hope you have some good ones. Cute is a great word - she must have been some lady ! Xx

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Sorry to hear about your loss Bubble. My condolences to you and your family. Maybe draw some comfort from the fact that she is no longer suffering but is now at peace.

Thoughts are with you, my friend.

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Sending you hugs bubbles!! I’m so sorry to hear your bad news, don’t overthink the way you’re reacting there is it right nor wrong.

Take care you you

Love and hugs x

Lotus

Pariah...
SF Supporter
It's never easy losing somebody, it always affects us in some way (however small) when we lose family. Maybe reflect on your surviving family and take solace in the fact you still have loving and supportive family close by who love you. There'll always be a hole there. But time heals all wounds. My thoughts are with you and yours at this time.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm sorry you hear about the passing of your granny. She sounds like a wonderful woman that your family loved very much but was just separated by distance. Peace be with you & your mother during this time, bubbles.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Oh bubbly, I've only just seen your post. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you are worried about the affect on your mother, but with your love and support she will get through. She is lucky to have you. And don't forget to take care of you. I'm thinking of you and your family xx

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Hugs Bubblebear. It is not easy to lose a relative, even if you were not close. Stand by your mom now. She may really need you. And lighting a candle at Church. Very nice!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00