My half-brother

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by anoriginalthought, Feb 9, 2014.

1. anoriginalthought

anoriginalthought Active Member

He was killed by an 18 wheeler while crossing the highway about 13 years back. It pretty much ruined my relationship with my family and was that last straw in me leaving my former religion. He was 25 years old. I feel guilty because I never cried or expressed emotion. I wasn't super close to him and this was the 2nd time I experienced death. I still find myself wondering what my life would be like if he was still alive.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry for your loss hun and for hopes that might have been between you and your half brother hugs
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

So sorry for your loss...maybe visiting his grave and leaving flowers there would help with the guilt you are feeling?
  4. anoriginalthought

anoriginalthought Active Member

Thank you for that advice. I will definitely do that.
  5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Half brother/brother - still your brother anoriginalthought - You obviously love him and the fact you did not cry or express emotion is beside the point - Not everyone (especially a lot of macho guys) are unable to or feel uncomfortable to express their feelings - they put on a cheery front but in reality they are hurting deeply inside