My mind is killing me.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Psycho96, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycho96

Psycho96 Member

I have an eating disorder, I don't like to recognize it but I realized I do. It started a long time ago, maybe a year. School, my parents, my friends have tried to help me but the true is that, no one can helps me and I'm constantly trying to hide my problems. I just can't eat, I feel guilty, sad, depressed when I eat. People say I'm too skinny and usually is calling me anorexic. But, I don't look at me like that, all I see is me... being ugly, fat and worthless.

2. Medusa.

Medusa. Well-Known Member

It's good to recognize you have a problem. You should reach out for help, the longer this goes on the harder it is to get better. Please talk to somebody you trust.
    Do you know what started it?

I bet you are skinny. The ED clouds your mind. It makes you not be able to see what is really there.

I don't think I look skinny but people often ask me if I'm a small size, and I get angry when they ask that because I can't see it, I just want to see it.

3. Psycho96

Psycho96 Member

I don't really know how or what started it. I began to skip a little part of dinner or something, but then it became harder to stop and each time I was eating less and less.

4. Medusa.

Medusa. Well-Known Member

Could you talk to somebody you trust about this?

I'm always here if you need anything

5. Psycho96

Psycho96 Member

The only person I trust is my best friend but I don't really feel comfortable talking about that. Thank you. ^^

6. Socrates13

Socrates13 Member

I have a very similar concern, my body is wasting away to the extent that I have completely run out of energy and literally everyone I know has made a shocked comment about it, but if I stop losing weight (or worse, knowingly put it on) I will just feel disgusting. I hate how everyone else can get away with this but I get lumped with the horseshit

7. Socrates13

Socrates13 Member

I have the same thing - if I stop eating too little then I don't feel like I'm improving in anyway, despite the fact that I have become enfeebled and emaciated, much to the chagrin of all my friends/family. It lay dormant for a while, but my anorexia has really hit new heights recently, none of my clothes fit any more and I'm constantly tired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.