My mother passed away

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
After 3 weeks of hospice, my mother passed away Friday morning. She raised me as her own. It was a blessing that my niece and I were able to take care of her while she had the late stage of dementia, blood cancer and recovery of broken hips.

However, she was vibrant before then and a child of the Deoression Era, so quite strong and resourceful.

We were lucky that she didnt die in a hospital, alone due to this pandemic but with us near her. She was 87.

GFS

Please accept my condolences, @Lane !
My thoughts and well wishes are with you and I hope they they'll ease the pain of your loss.
May her soul rest in peace!
*sadhug

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
After 3 weeks of hospice, my mother passed away Friday morning. She raised me as her own. It was a blessing that my niece and I were able to take care of her while she had the late stage of dementia, blood cancer and recovery of broken hips.

However, she was vibrant before then and a child of the Deoression Era, so quite strong and resourceful.

We were lucky that she didnt die in a hospital, alone due to this pandemic but with us near her. She was 87.
my condolences to you lane. it is so good to hear she was not alone. and i know this has been an ongoing sorce of distress for you but also good to know she led a vibrant life as you described. i think there is much good to rely on in this to give you strength and comfort. wishing you my best.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
@Lane So sorry Lane. It is hard to lose a mother. I am so glad you were able to be with her and help her through the last years of her life. Cherish the memories.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Sorry Lane—Glad you got to be raised by such a remarkable and fascinating woman. And then to have been with her all these years. You two are truly lucky: You, for her; & She for you! . .

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
I can say with total sincerity that I feel your grief, Lane, because my own Mother passed away this past April 15th as you may have noticed from my previous thread. Both of our Mothers made many sacrifices for us. So I will forever feel gratitude toward my Mother as much as you do for yours.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Dear @Lane...I know that there are no words to heal your pain and I hope that fond memories fill you heart, mind and soul of your mother bring you some comfort...sending you heartfelt hugs

Your Mother.jpg

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I can say with total sincerity that I feel your grief, Lane, because my own Mother passed away this past April 15th as you may have noticed from my previous thread. Both of our Mothers made many sacrifices for us. So I will forever feel gratitude toward my Mother as much as you do for yours.
I'm sorry for your loss as well @Winslow.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00