my mum x

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by june54, Nov 19, 2014.

1. june54

june54 Member

I lost my mum nearly nine years ago and although she had heart probs that wasn't she died of. I can't get over seeing her there being restricted of food and liquids but now know she wasn't needing it because of the morphine. It took 7/8 days to die and for the first couple of days she seemed to have come around and made a lot of sense. For some reason one night I wanted to stay and sister said she would if I was but I needed her to drive home with dad so I went home with my dad and to this day I still have an ill will with my sis for not letting me stay. I got phone call very early to say mums breathing is changing............

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, June. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose someone we love.

What a hard situation for your mother of course, but also for you, your dad and your sister...your sister as the driver needing to leave, you and your dad needing the drive, and your mother so ill. I can't imagine it was easy for anyone to head home that night. I wonder if your sister also has feelings of regret about that night. Have you ever talked to her about it? Many times we just do the best we can in difficult moments and then look back with a lot of "if only I had done ______________ instead." Hindsight is always 20/20.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry for the loss of your mom she knows that you wanted to stay she knows that you loved her hun so don't hold onto regrets ok hugs to you