Name something you are afraid of.

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
Name or describe something you are afraid of either at this particular moment or in general.

At this moment, I'm afraid that if I end up having some sort of mental breakdown, I won't know what to do with my dog. I don't have anyone to help take care of him if I went away, and I'm not sure whether I even could take care of him (or myself, for that matter) if I didn't go away.

Road to Nowhere

πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«
SF Supporter
Ditto on the responses so far. I'll add one of my own though, that being people in general. I fear what they think of me, what they might say, what they might do, etc. I'm terrible with people.
I agree with Reaver on this one, I also also fear that with my lack of social skills if my SA
doesn't get me my depression or suicidal thoughts will.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Name or describe something you are afraid of either at this particular moment or in general.

At this moment, I'm afraid that if I end up having some sort of mental breakdown, I won't know what to do with my dog. I don't have anyone to help take care of him if I went away, and I'm not sure whether I even could take care of him (or myself, for that matter) if I didn't go away.
what i am afraid of now is that i just posted on facebook that i am a self harmer and have been suffering with this condition for all of my life. i thought i also expressed that the state of mental healthcare is failing and needs change desperately. to me being someone who tries to help in bringing about that change would be way more helpful to me than actually finding the real treatment that has been eluding me for so long but most of the responses basically said β€œsorry you have not been finding the help you need” and β€œi hope you find the help you need” the thing is i’m serious about trying to bring about change. maybe i need to start an organization or maybe i have to get involved with an existing one, but generally, when i speak up no one listens. that scares me. i am afraid that i am simply never taken seriously.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I feel like people were mostly posting things they're afraid of in life but I'm gonna just bang out with snakes here. I'm not a fan. Not to the point of "can't glance at a photo" or walk by it in the pet store behind glass but to the point I'm not watching a video and I'm gonna shit myself if I see one on a path outside.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I feel like people were mostly posting things they're afraid of in life but I'm gonna just bang out with snakes here. I'm not a fan. Not to the point of "can't glance at a photo" or walk by it in the pet store behind glass but to the point I'm not watching a video and I'm gonna shit myself if I see one on a path outside.
Snakes are great little rodent and vermin eaters the nonvenomous ones at least. I do not want to get bit by something that may send me to the ER. :)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
It can be. I did learn a non painless way to test glucose, but so far this year I have yet to find the lancets I have used for years. Tiniboy, can't find them anywhere, there is plastic built up around the lancer with only the very tip exposed, about the size of a grain of salt.
Can you just pick them up right from their site? http://www.tiniboy.com/
(I'm not trying to be a smartass if you've thought of that already)

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Can you just pick them up right from their site? http://www.tiniboy.com/
(I'm not trying to be a smartass if you've thought of that already)
It redirects to Amazon with a none available, unknown when they may be. I have it on notify, much like before the craze for everything alcohol wipes I would buy those and nothing for sale. I use the wipes to clean off hands and test sites, but since coronavirus and everybody going nuts... No really a problem though, soap, tap water and hand towels which I have plenty of.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Is it the gauge or the length that is appealing about those lancets? Or is it psychological that "those are the smallest"?
Have you tested on your arm, where you can barely feel it?
Feel free to tell me to piss off :) (My kid became diabetic when he was 8 so I've been through all this shit with trying to get someone to work around testing 20 years now)
@KM76710

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Definitely both gauge and length. I have shared my method to test with many especially for those with children who are terrified of the prick and needles, I still don't like them. This is a picture from online and as you can see, there is a HUGE difference between the poke of them.

The Tiniboy needle as you can probably guess is the far right one and the tip of the needle is barely visible.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00