Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lily Vanilla

Hey

All names have meanings.

So.........this is a bit of a survey.

What do your names, nicknames, screennames etc mean? And how did you get them?

For me;
First name: Anne;
meaning; grace, graceful
came from; my great great great grandmother

Middle name: Beman
meaning: i don't know but i think it's french for beautiful mountain.

Hmmmmm.....beautiful graceful mountain. This is interesting.

SH Screen Name: angelsblood
how i picked it: one of the few angels left on this earth and i luv blood.

AIM Screen Name: RubyNectarina
i luv blood and rubies. Also, after I saw Girl, Interrupted i wanted a female, short hair cat named Ruby.

Other names:
Butterfly: my totem and i luv them
Lily or Lily Vanilla Peaches:
my sister calls me Lily, sometimes. I luv lilies they're my favourite flower.

Vanilla; my scent, warm and comforting. usually smell like it.

Peaches; i luv peaches. and i have fuzzy hair and a round head, apparently so there ya go! and my complexion's sort of peaches.

R

roewanne

funny that you would bring this up....heheh

a couple weeks ago days ago not really sure i was in emotional bankruptcy
and someone said to me hi roe.. i said hi i dont think weve met i am roe...hes like the fish.. omg i almost had a meltdown firstly i hate fish and secondly i have chosen that as my online name for as long as i have ever had a computer. so i guess my nick means fish w grace hehehe but i was completely insane over the meaning and i would apreciate if you dont call me a fish as it doesnt sit well with me. but i love bieng called roewanne. who feking knew roe meant fish actually fish eggs..gross but roew is good and roewanne is good and roe is good as long as your not thinking i am a fish egg when you use it hehhe
i also totally freaked out and panicked and wondered if now the whole world knew from the beggining that was what it meant and i wasnt smart enough to realize it.

i am always and will always be roewanne
hugs

Z

Ze'ev-Hayalim

Gabriel- Ironic that it means 'Strength of God' and I worship the devil :laugh:

Seth- Named after the thirdborn son of Adam and Eve

Larken- Apparently adapted from the Bird.....i am kinda birdy...though i dont really like them.

Bakst- the unfortunate bastard surname of my step father, that fucking twat. It apparently originates from Russia, though I am 100% Irish/Scot/French. My original surname was Bradley, named after my adoptive father Joe Bradley. :sad: Oh well....

cyesisdemorte- latin concoction meaning 'birth of death.'

A

angel76

My screen name Angel76--Angel is my cats name and 76 is the year I was born.

My actual name:
Stacy, a 2-syllable unisex name of Greek origin, means: One who shall rise again; resurrection. :biggrin:

My SN is not my real name. It's named after Syd Barrett, one of my favorite musicians. He passed away in July and is finally resting peacefully.

My real name (Dave) is obviously the common short form of David. I dislike the name because it's too common, and might create a new name later on. David is a name of Hebrew origin meaning "beloved one". Being a biblical name, it became popular in many cultures and there are variants of the name in almost every language group today. In Scotland, it's considered a Royal name.

My sister's name "Chloe" is more unique, and I always envied her cooler name.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
My sn came from one of my favorite Biblical directives (from Christ Himself). In Matthew chapter 25, verses 35 thru 40. "Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

It's a reminder to me that I must forgive to be forgiven, I must love to be loved, and I must be kind to others if I want kindness done to me... and even tho being kind to others doesn't guarantee that kindness will be returned to me, at least my conscience is clear when I am asked by my Maker if I was kind to my fellow living beings in my life on this earth.:smile: A related quote: "Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a bit like expecting the bull not to attack you because you're a vegetarian." Again, I try to do good to others just for the sake of doing good. For no reason other than to make someone else's day a little brighter.

And my given name means "a lily" (Hebrew).:smile:

least

My first name is "Lauren" which refers to the laurel leaf crown placed on the heads of nobility in ancient greece. It means "honor, fame, victorious one".

My middle name (which I go by) is Elizabeth, which means "consecrated to god". (VERY funny for an atheist!)

AloneEliza because eliza comes from elizabeth... and i'm all alone.

Puddytat

first: 'dew of the sea' or 'rose beloved'

middle: 'favor', 'grace'

last: heard this once but cant confirm it... 'beside the wood'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00