Need Help - Can't deal with this any longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

weirdal

Forum Buddy
SF Supporter
Hi guys. I've made a lot of progress in the last couple years in terms of my mental health and my wellbeing, but I cannot seem to kick by addictive personality.

I've always had massive probelms with my weight, but every time I try and conquer it I get even worse a few months later. About a year shiago I lost about a stone an a half through excesise and dietining and ive never felt better, but now it's literally a joke how much I am eating and spending.

The last 3 months have been the worse, I see myself gorging on such an unhealthy amount of food i am physically amazed it can all fit inside me. For instance, bout an hour ago I went to ASDA and spent 15 quid on this...

Two diet cokes, white choc chip cookie, large sushi, chicken sandwich, prawn cocktail crisps, duck wrap, two packets of cashews, small pack of biscuits and a meat feast baguette.

That is about 4000 calories and I finished it within about 10 minutes. What worries me most is that I get into such a weird phase when I'm binging like this e.g. everything has to be particular, laid out in front of me before I start eating. I'm so upset at how I cannot seem to shake this. Every single night I lay in bed determined to eat healthy the next day and exercise, but it seems I literally go into a trance and find myself going to just buying so much food. It's really impacting my life, and the be honest it's pretty much the only thing in my life I'm not happy with - but it's destroying me. The way I look, the clothes I wear, the way people view me.

Is this a real problem? I need help as I cannot deal with this anymore.

Any suggestions?

Alex

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Yes hun it is a problem as it is affecting your physical and mental well being Can you talk to your doctor hun or therapist and get some supports in place to help you stop doing this.
Get a referral to a dietician who will help you I do think also hun you need to talk to a therapist to see why you are binging like this what is the root to all of it hugs

flowers

I agree with what Total Eclipse says. And if by chance you cannot get help fast enough locally, maybe you can try to find online help from Overeaters annonymous or another support group. I hope you do find help fast. Because you should not have to live like this. I too have an ED. VERY painful. So I understand.

Hi Alex ,
From someone who has been there I know exactly how you feel and I k ow how helpless you can feel. I promise you though you can get through this! First thing I would advise you to do is try stop all processed foods, especially things like artificial sweetners and refined sugars that actually mess with your brain and make you more depressed ! Go on a shop and buy lots of fruit veg meat yogurt etc anytime you feel like binging eat fruit as much as you want or make a big bowl of veg and meat and season it to be really tasty! It will be hard and allows yourself some treats but don't get angry at yourself if you slip up because everyone slips up !! Also I know alot of the time more than food it is an underlying issue which needs to be addressed. I used to do this when I was depressed and its a hard place to get out of. If this is a problem for you try surrounding yourself around others and try find someone you can talk to! Someone who isn't going to judge you! Also another thing that I found helps is when you get the urge fix yourself a healthy but tasty big bowl of something and come on the site and chat to people or sit and watch a programme you enjoy and just try to relax. Also drink loads of water before you start eating even if you arnt thirsty ! I hope this Helps a bit if you ever wanna talk I am here! Big hugs x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00